Another Brit test drives a C8

Roscobbc

It looks like a private test track to me.

The external shots show the car only pootling along (although the sound track wasn’t matching) but the in-car footage I would say he was pressing on quite hard at times given there was no barriers or run off before the trees.

All that sideways tyre smoking stuff you see on TG and the likes might look impressive but hasn’t got any relevance to driving on the road or a race track. Lewis Hamilton looks like he’s on a Sunday drive if you watch in car footage, his control is so smooth…but most people would probably throw-up before getting half way around the lap if they were a passenger.
And there lies the answer to all those TV AH's drifting and burning rubber on cars they don't own...........hate it. Feel the same about the pointless burnout competitions.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Slightly off thread but......On the subject of speed camera's - some 20 plus years ago (before I bought the Vette I think) I went up to a Northants car dealer to look at a LHD Brabus Mercedes SL600. The seller was one of the organisers of the Euro Cannonball run. The seller took me out for a run in the Brabus but wouldn't let me drive it as he had a puncture the previous day and had a spacesaver fitted in place of one of the rear wheels. It was this that worried me the most as we were hitting speeds on some of the duel carriageways in excess of 140 mph - he apologised about this - he would have driven faster if not for speed rating of the spacesaver. The most amusing part of the drive was setting-off every speed camera we went past (with the driver waving his arm out of the car). The car was still on its German registration plates. An interesting day. And no, I didn't buy the car - didn't like it - it was too quiet, too smooth and far too easy to loose your license.
140 mph on a space saver :eek: The guy was mental ! Got to admire his cheek with the German plates though . :D