Any fully restored chrome bumper C3s for sale

spog1

CCCUK Member
Hi seen a few, don't mind a stroker, if a BB needs to be pre 72 although are BBs heavy like my 428 mustang was.
Coupe or roadster considered, blue, black, white in colour, would prefer back interior.
something tells me this isn't going to be easy.

Craig

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi seen a few, don't mind a stroker, if a BB needs to be pre 72 although are BBs heavy like my 428 mustang was.
Coupe or roadster considered, blue, black, white in colour, would prefer back interior.

Craig
Welcome craig , half the fun is the thrill of the chase and the anticipation when you find the right one. Found mine in buffalo NY , now in sunny cornwall. . Good luck in your search. 👍 Also speak to Adrian at dromney corvettes and Gavin at emc. Both on here and both excellent. 👍AC47F4D0-9A1D-48E0-8111-60ED6ADB48E2.jpeg

Roscobbc

Hi spog1......looking for a 'restored' pre' 73 big block Vette eh?.......good luck - hope you have a deep pocket and are happy to wait a long time for the right car.
Firstly let me comment relating to common misconceptions relating to the weight of big block Vettes.......so yes, a small block Vette has almost perfect 50/50 front rear weight distribution......but don't think that even a 50/50 balance will give impeccable handling......it won't. It may have (what is now regarded as being rudimentary) IRS which certainly improves handling and traction.......but can still 'snap-out' suddenly under extreme usage.
A big block Vette engine is certainly heavier, perhaps as much as 150 lbs more than a small block depending on options.......so it will come as a big surprise to many that a 68' to '72 Vette with ally heads, manual box, no power options can perhap be only 50/80 lbs more than an equivalent small block car and perhaps with a 49.50/50.50 'balance at best.....and ranging to 52/48 worst case scenario if equiped with auto, all power options and a/c.
Compared with other American muscle cars of the day (remembering that 69/70 390cu in/428cu in Mustang balances at 56/44) they still have a far better front/rear 'balance' than any other Yank or many V8 powered European car. The last of the BB Mustangs ('71 429 CJ actually had the best 'balance' of any BB variant.....despite the bulk and weight). Unfortunately there is a school of thought that a big block Vette is going to break the bank in terms of fuel costs.......and yes 15/16 mpg on cruise is challenging on the pocket........but so is the typical 18, perhaps 20 mpg of the eqivalent small block. Yes, my Vette is a 'stroker' ........you'll see the power figure at the bottom of my page 'signature'......yet can still pull 16 mpg on cruise.

Emc

Supporting vendor

Craig
I have 2 72s nearing completion, one ontario orange with medium saddle, one blue with black and 375hp fully rebuilt vortec motor, and a 71 on the way from the states

spog1

CCCUK Member
Guys thank you for this info, just as a matter of intrest is the blue one a body off restoration.
I have 2 72s nearing completion, one ontario orange with medium saddle, one blue with black and 375hp fully rebuilt vortec motor, and a 71 on the way from the states

spog1

CCCUK Member
It's best if you give me a call
Think i'm sorted now Gavin, seen a 71 le mans blue body off resto 3 years back. It ticks all the boxes for me.
I had a 76 30 odd years ago but always liked the chrome bumpers.

spog1

CCCUK Member
I think and correct me if I’m wrong, a 71 in reasonable condition is a 30k car, in the past I’ve spent 20k plus on my camaro and mustang and sold them breaking even or making a bit on the mustang, Si I thought I’d cut all the work out and just get one that’s been done already. So basically the one I got I think is a 50k car if I were to sell it in the future. But planning on keeping this a while.

craig