Anyone explain this column lock anomaly

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
I haven't had this issue with my C5 but it has been a very well documented problem, so after I bought the car some 13 years ago I installed a column lock bypass. At the time Corvettes of Houston were the place to get them so that's what I did. Easy install & been on the car many years now without any issues. Hope this helps. Column Lock Bypass - Corvette World Parts

Yellowshark

Well-known user
Hi my 2001 decided to fail its CL a few years back and I installed a CLB as an immediate fix. Some points

1. It is a pretty easy install. I am no major mechanic but had no problem; possibly a bit fiddly in places but no special tools needed and nothing I recall that had me tearing my hair out
2. The club has, or at least did when Richard was chairman, a letter from the British Insurance Association (or something like that) stating that due to the strength of the C5 immobilisation system, bypassing the column lock system was not an issue.
3. I have never had an MOT issue - whether that is luck or it is not checked I know not, but my MOT guy is an honest chap and not likely to turn a blind eye methinks.