Astro ventilation

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , can anyone explain what controls on the console, operate the vaccuum flap under the rear deck and when. Think I have heard the flap open or close on occasion but dont know what I did to make it happen . Thanks all 👍

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Think I’ve got this right; full cold the vents in the deck are open, any other time they’re closed. AC cars and 68 cars don’t have the same control and convertibles don’t have the vents at all.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Think I’ve got this right; full cold the vents in the deck are open, any other time they’re closed. AC cars and 68 cars don’t have the same control and convertibles don’t have the vents at all.
Thanks oneball i will have a play and see if they actually work. Another on for you, are the ball vents either side of the dash affected by the wheel controls or the small knob levers or neither, are they just open to atmosphere and so need forward motion to operate any airflow? The blower doesnt seem to make much difference 🤔thank you. 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Have you tried to obtain a repro Drivers Hand Book ? That would explain all the cars functions plus all the other useful stuff . I got one for my 1980 . Well handy for keeping in the glove box .