Battery

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If the battery is fully charged and you don’t move the car how long dose it take to fully flatten it . Without a battery tender obviously?

A fully charged battery does not mean it does not have weak or bad cells and cannot take current/Amp loads
Really a must is to have a good load tester put on battery and determine the full state of battery

C5 controllers do not work well under 12.5 volts and considering the amount of controllers it has that has slight current drain on battery,
a weak battery will drain sooner

Talk about disconnecting battery when C5 is not used can cause problems
The older the car is, the more chance when voltage is connected that controllers will not sync back together over
the car's on-board network and now all types of odd problems,
worst no engine start as security seed code not sync'd up with the PCM and PCM

Along with that, when the battery is yanked, everything that was stored in temp memory is lost
At the least now the PCM has to learn all engine and tranny functions over multi valid drive cycles
and other controllers like for the doors, seats, HVAC, steering wheel, BCM, and radio have to be set again

As to radio before pulling battery for even a week, better make sure if someone set a password for the radio
If set is I recall there is a LED on the radio that is on
Also, if set, and you do not recall or someone else set a password, and it is lost during no battery and when voltage
returns the radio will not work until that password is re-entered and almost no chance of having the old password erased

Keep in mind functions you can set as to seat, outside mirrors, steering wheel, HVAC, radio stations selected, etc
will have to be set again along for both FOBS that memory settings were set for each one.

DeeGee

CCCUK Member
I posted a thread on the Corvette Forum back in 2011 (link below) with an extract from the service manual that covers parasitic drain. There's a massive amount of information in there, probably more than you could ever handle!
In practical terms, don't leave it more than 2 weeks without disconnecting the battery or putting it on a trickle charger. I use a CTEK unit but there are other good options out there. AGM batteries (I use a Yellow Top) are more amenable to regular recharging but don't like being drained fully.
I speak from bitter experience as I've only just got the Vette fired up after winter when I let it die.