Best driveway ramps

Twosheds

CCCUK Member
Can anyone give me a clue as to what ramps I should buy for getting under the front of my C4? They're going to need to be quite long and not steep to clear the plastic bit under the front and probably have a lift of about 10 inches....... and not tooo expensive. Thanks. Ken.

Rich

Administrator
I use something like this, but with longer planks to aid the step up. Can't post a photo of them as they are being borrowed by another member at the moment. Definately not expensive and they do the job.
1618072242425.png

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
I bought these aluminium efforts some ears ago when I had a C4, and - as you can see - they're pretty useful for getting at a C6, too.
I paid £750 for the aluminium runways; the 2-ton axle stands are regular Halfords fare.
If I can sell them for 50%of the original price I might let them go, but I'm currently thinking about buying another car, which may dictate keeping them for a bit.
They're about 15ft. long - and fairly heavy (I can manoeuvre them into position single-handed, but can't lift them, someone closer to TV's 'world's strongest man' stature probably could). IF you were to buy them a decent-size van or p/up truck would be required to transport them.
Suggest you make a note of my phone number: 01256-764193 and if - in due course - you (or anyone else) is interested, we can take it from there.
J.C. (1911)
DSCF2702.JPG

Twosheds

CCCUK Member
Thanks everyone for the 3 different, all good, solutions. After much deliberation, I've gone for the plastic ramps. I'll post a picture when it's up in the air.
Ken