Bicester Scramble

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Went to the final Scramble of the season at Bicester Heritage today . Another sell out event with hundreds of amazing and varied cars on display . Glorious sunshine to top the day off too . Just like when I went last year I amazed to be the only Corvette of any model type there so the `Purple Peril` draw a fair bit of attention . Quite a few American cars there plus a vintage USAF light aircraft amongst the classic planes on the airfield . DSC_1687.JPGDSC_1686.JPGDSC_1684.JPGDSC_1682.JPGDSC_1679.JPGDSC_1678.JPGDSC_1659.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Also spotted this Straight 6 powered laviathon appropriately called Zeus with US made Schebbler carbs but could not find the owner to learn more about it .DSC_1661.JPGDSC_1662.JPGDSC_1664.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This looked like a very mundane 1965 Chevy Nova Wagon until you got close up . It ran a Nitrous Oxide installation the gave 700 bhp with the wick turned right up to 10 . :eek:
Ran 10.98 sec 1/4 mile with the wick only turned up to 650 bhp. Not such a dull 1960`s Moms shopping car afterall !!DSC_1635.JPGDSC_1637.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Other classics at Bicester . The Mega £££ Bentley Supercharger re - creation had a cockpit crammed with more knobs , guages and manually adjusted lubrication pots than the steam locos I I used to drive ! And forget yer modern Lambo hyper cars , this Lamborghini Islera was pure class .DSC_1624.JPGDSC_1626.JPGDSC_1618.JPGDSC_1651.JPGDSC_1650.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
American Lafrance truck engine and judging by the size of it chassis too.
Yeah , that engine block must have weighed 2 tons on its own ! Unfortunately I never heard it fire up but guessed it was probably one off ` bitsa ` car .

Oneball

CCCUK Member
There’s quite a thing for turning Lafrance fire engines into “cars” the early ones were chain drive with is properly scary next to your butt. C1C9E507-D8B3-4340-A275-286544401EFE.jpeg