Bill Thomas Cheetah

Hi
This is my first post. I don't have a Corvette any more but am building a Bill Thomas Cheetah and intend selling bodies and chassis' so that other enthusiasts can build there dream. My car has a 610 bhp 302 SBC with Kinsler mechanical fuel injection converted to electronic via an Instajet magic box and 4 speed Muncie M22.
I am stuck on my new chassis build, I need a dif cover 1963 to 1979 no matter how poor the condition as I only need it to set up the dif mounting. My first chassis used a Jaguar LSD. You can see the Cheetah on Instagram Jas cheetah race cars.
Any help would be much appreciated.
John

Roscobbc

Instajet has a sight on YouTube. The system works via a lambda? Censor.
John
Had a look at the limited info website and the Youtube videos - seems that the Instajet guy hasn't posted anything for quite a while.......perhaps not making these anymore? Irrespectively an interesting topic - I had plans a few years to source an Enderle 8 stack inlet and convert my BBC lump over to an 'old school' styled system but with electronic system.......cost of doing this kinda got in the way and then availability of Enderle unit dried-up. The thought of sorcing an ex-race car Crower, Hilborn, or similar system but 'controlled' by an Instajet unit (if still available) is an interesting possibility. That Cheetah with a relatively small capacity but high output, high revving engine, zero weight and SWB dimensions will be more like a Squirrel than Cheetah!

Last edited:
Had a look at the limited info website and the Youtube videos - seems that the Instajet guy hasn't posted anything for quite a while.......perhaps not making these anymore? Irrespectively an interesting topic - I had plans a few years to source an Enderle 8 stack inlet and convert my BBC lump over to an 'old school' styled system but with electronic system.......cost of doing this kinda got in the way and then availability of Enderle unit dried-up. The thought of sorcing an ex-race car Crower, Hilborn, or similar system but 'controlled' by an Instajet unit (if still available) is an interesting possibility. That Cheetah with a relatively small capacity but high output, high revving engine, zero weight and SWB dimensions will be more like a Squirrel than Cheetah!
I bought my Instajet unit 9 months ago, it cost around £720. Delbert the inventer is a great guy, on hand to help whenever you contact him, he is still making these units and has sold them all over the world but in small numbers. My Instajet is the only one in the UK so far.
Am still looking for a 63 to 79 Corvette dif rear cover, I only need it to take the top mount diamentions from (bolt hole width center to center and bolt hole diameter)
I am sure someone will know.

They had a habit of cooking their drivers didn't they?
I am yet to find out! Duncan Pitaway will know as he has the No.1 car made and runs it in the UK. These cars were so fast, in 1963 a Cheetah was timed at 215mph at Daytona.
When I met Shelby at Goodwood I asked him if he ever felt threatened by the Cheetahs, he went bright red and his words would have made a sailor blush. A 427 Cobra would run the 1/4 mile in 12.5secs at about 100mph, the Cheetah ran the 1/4 mile in 10 at 135mph. all with a SBC.

Roscobbc

I bought my Instajet unit 9 months ago, it cost around £720. Delbert the inventer is a great guy, on hand to help whenever you contact him, he is still making these units and has sold them all over the world but in small numbers. My Instajet is the only one in the UK so far.
Am still looking for a 63 to 79 Corvette dif rear cover, I only need it to take the top mount diamentions from (bolt hole width center to center and bolt hole diameter)
I am sure someone will know.
Very interesting - I'm guessing you haven't used it yet, - I'm really intrigued how that unit performs on a street driven vehicle. I like the idea of an 'electro/mechanical' unit rather than a 'electronic' unit.
Regarding the diff cover - perhaps an indication of where you are located in UK may ellicit members to assist you?

Very interesting - I'm guessing you haven't used it yet, - I'm really intrigued how that unit performs on a street driven vehicle. I like the idea of an 'electro/mechanical' unit rather than a 'electronic' unit.
Regarding the diff cover - perhaps an indication of where you are located in UK may ellicit members to assist you?
No not used yet, working on the dry sump system. I am based in Herefordshire.