Born in the wrong generation

Roscobbc

I love the idea of a music bubble :D Don`t let anyone even try to burst mine ! I am doing some lap top work whilst playing the Barclay James Harvest remastered compilation from the Parlophone - Harvest Years 1968 to 1973 . Just got to their seminal track ` Mocking Bird`. A prog rock masterpiece IMO .
Saw them live a couple of times , the most memorable being at the Weeley 3 day Rock Festival when they had a symphony orchestra on backing them on stage . Laying on the grass looking up at a star filled sky listening to Mocking Bird was a life defining moment . far out man ! ✌
I remember the roads being jammed solid with cars and streams of hippies walking along on the evening before the three day event started and me and my mates trying to cram in as many hippy chicks as possible into our van as they thumbed a ride 😍View attachment 9083View attachment 9084
Wow, yes saw them Curved Air, Edgar Broughton Band (remember Our Demons Out and Apache Dropout) Barclay James Harvest at Romford Odeon!

Roscobbc

Blimey - you lot make me feel positively prehistoric! My recorded music collection (a lot of it on 78's, if you can remember those) dates up to about 1930.
If anyone remembers King Mutt and his Tennessee Thumpers or Tiny Parham and his "Forty" Five you're obviously a music connoisseur - and probably even older than me !
That reminds me - must go and find some sharp blackthorn needles for the phonograph..... ;)
I'm not gonna knock the old '78's. As a kid I had a wind-up gramphone. Would listen to Sorcerers Apprentice, Night on Bare Mountain, 1812 Overture etc and Gershwins masterpieces. Remember that TV was crap back then and there was little else to do other than play with Meccano and build rubber powered model aircraft. TV was crap in a different way to today's broadcasting anyway - like just one or two channels on the unreliable monochrome rubbish TV's. The afternoon delights of Bill & Ben the Flowerpot Men, Andy Pandy and Loopy Lou, Muffin the Mule etc on Watch With Mother (all of which probably has entirely different connotations nowadays!)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As we are now
Wow, yes saw them Curved Air, Edgar Broughton Band (remember Our Demons Out and Apache Dropout) Barclay James Harvest at Romford Odeon!
Lost count of the times I saw the Edgar Broughton Band and yelled myself hoarse to Out Demons Out ! I think they must have played at every free Hyde Park concert there was . Went to see all the gigs there headlined by :- Blind Faith , Rolling Stones , Canned Heat , Humble Pie . Saw Curved at one of the Reading Festivals as that was an annual pilgrimage for me and my mates . I remember Vinegar Joe at one of them fronted by Robert Palmer and Elkie Brooks who went on to have big solo careers .
Whilst we are careering down memory lane at a rate of knots , you were lucky to have a TV . My parents didn`t get one until after I left home at the age of 22 ! For me it was a diet of Meccano , Airfix Kits and the wireless . Essential listening was the Clitheroe Kid , Beyond Our Ken , Round the Horn , The Navy Lark and I`m Sorry I`ll Read That Again that eventually morphed into Monty Python :LOL:

Roscobbc

As we are now

Lost count of the times I saw the Edgar Broughton Band and yelled myself hoarse to Out Demons Out ! I think they must have played at every free Hyde Park concert there was . Went to see all the gigs there headlined by :- Blind Faith , Rolling Stones , Canned Heat , Humble Pie . Saw Curved at one of the Reading Festivals as that was an annual pilgrimage for me and my mates . I remember Vinegar Joe at one of them fronted by Robert Palmer and Elkie Brooks who went on to have big solo careers .
Whilst we are careering down memory lane at a rate of knots , you were lucky to have a TV . My parents didn`t get one until after I left home at the age of 22 ! For me it was a diet of Meccano , Airfix Kits and the wireless . Essential listening was the Clitheroe Kid , Beyond Our Ken , Round the Horn , The Navy Lark and I`m Sorry I`ll Read That Again that eventually morphed into Monty Python :LOL:
Forgot about the chrystal radio - bought probabably from Headquarters and General Supply (the Amazon if its day) - later replaced by one of the first pocket sized transistor radios. This was great for the up and comming pirate radio stations..........

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ours was bulky Bakelite GEC job ( GEC owned Express Lift Co. where I did my apprenticeship ) . The little tranny radio was great for trying to tune in to Radio Caroline late at night under the blankets so as not to wake up mater and pater 🤫