C3 convertible

Will Dawes

New user
I am in the process of looking for a red C3 convertible. I am looking at one in Manchester it’s on Auto Trader right now. Is anybody familiar with this car it has covered 96,000 miles year is 1971 . Any tips would be apreciated...

sublimemike

Well-known user
Looks good. On the plus side it has the auxiliary hard top. On the down side its an auto but that's down to preference. Would be good if the old Rallye wheels were available. Cant tell if exhaust tips are correct.

Will Dawes

New user
Looks good. On the plus side it has the auxiliary hard top. On the down side its an auto but that's down to preference. Would be good if the old Rallye wheels were available. Cant tell if exhaust tips are correct.
Fair price do you think? Any idea of anyone in Manchester in the know who might be able to give it a health check for a price of course.

sublimemike

Well-known user
It looks Ok. I would have someone crawl underneath and check the usual suspects , I think there is a buyers link on the site. Does the handbrake work, do the wiper door and headlamps go up and down ok or is there a vacuum leak....so many things to check. Syntner boss wouldn't have rubbish. 27k?? If its as good as described could be, at least it's over here and you can check it out before parting with your hard earned. Ask if the clock works, few do...if it does I would say it has been loved

Will Dawes

New user
It looks Ok. I would have someone crawl underneath and check the usual suspects , I think there is a buyers link on the site. Does the handbrake work, do the wiper door and headlamps go up and down ok or is there a vacuum leak....so many things to check. Syntner boss wouldn't have rubbish. 27k?? If its as good as described could be, at least it's over here and you can check it out before parting with your hard earned. Ask if the clock works, few do...if it does I would say it has been loved
Amazing thank you so much...always wanted one. Now I’m in my 50’s it’s time to take the plunge. Will take your advice and do just that.

sublimemike

Well-known user
NB I love mine and Clock does not work - pointless when you constantly use a Battery Cut Off switch
Yep , know what you mean and they drain the battery if left connected for long periods unless upgraded to quartz. Maybe why thats why most don't worry - me included. Mine works for 20 minutes and then stops....I do want to get around to fixing it though.