C3 Corvette 1980

Stephen C.

New user
Hi everyone, just in the process of re commissioning a 1980 SBC, not been run for 16 years.
Last time it was run it blew the seal on the oil filter, so changed oil pump as the pressure relief valve was stuck.
Without plugs in, on starter, oil pressure is off the gauge again!
Anyone else had this problem before?
Hope it's ok to ask on here.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not had the problem but if you’ve ruled out the bypass in the pump then there must be a blockage in the oil galleries or the gauge is faulty. Have you checked that you’ve got oil coming out of the top of every pushrod?

Stephen C.

New user
Not yet, but can be done easily, so will be on my list of things to check before I dare to start it up properly. You would have thought that even if there was a blockage, the relief valve would bypass maybe, I don't know.
It'd be nice to know where the oil gallery passage are to see if I could investigate them.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As Oneball said , might be the gauge or could also be the sender . I had spurious pressure readings on mine from day of purchase and chose the easy and cheap route first and replaced the sender unit . Job done and working (y) I also did the same job on another CCCUK members newly acquired C3 that had the same problem .