C4 Battery

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Battery failed yesterday, low Volt warning. Quite surprised as use the car daily, however no idea how old the current battery is, I've owned the car 3 1/2 years. Looking on Ecklers and various other places, side post for the C4 cost (after converting $ to £) in the region of £125. Just to try my luck, searched Ebay, glad I did, exactly the right one, same as in my car now, and next day free delivery, for £87.68! Arriving today, just need a change of weather from the rain and gale force winds so I can fit it (no garage!)
Link for anyone else in need of a new battery:

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
That’s a good price I have used numax batteries on my van boat and landrovers for years all have been excellent even on the boat I’ve had them drain to around 7 v !! A trickle charge always brings them back no problems

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I had good experiences with them as well. Used them on a number of cars mainly C3 models that we imported having dodgy US batteries on them when they arrived. Nothing worse than a car that won’t start.

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
Battery delivered at12 noon today, I ordered it at 2pm yesterday, now that's service! Hoping for a calm, dry tomorrow and get it fitted.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I've used Numax batteries for cars and garden tractors for some years also and been very happy with them. I have got mine from Tayna in the past. Mick's price is a tad cheaper than even them - good deal! Alas, I doubt I'll be able to use Tayna in future - thanks "brexiteers"!

By the way - nice "Buyers Guide" in C&SC on Mick's car a couple of months ago!

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
I've used Numax batteries for cars and garden tractors for some years also and been very happy with them. I have got mine from Tayna in the past. Mick's price is a tad cheaper than even them - good deal! Alas, I doubt I'll be able to use Tayna in future - thanks "brexiteers"!

By the way - nice "Buyers Guide" in C&SC on Mick's car a couple of months ago!
I'm still waiting for my copy of that mag, had a great day of photoshoots and interview for this, was hoping to have been sent the issue 😟