C5 Fitted Number Plate

Oldmacdonald

Regular user
Hi, after finally finding my dream C5 and acquiring a suitable private plate, I set about finding a suitable plate to fit the front aperture. After contacting at least 8 suppliers by Email and giving dimensions and a scan of the old (Rear Yellow colour) plate which fitted perfectly, I have had one reply saying cant do it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please as I am sure that it cannot be that difficult to cut one out, I have even suggested I could trim a square one to shape if it was only big enough, but is no-one seems interested if it is not the normal run of the mill plate?

Thanks

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
I got my front plate from www.myshowplates.com, it's almost exactly the full size of the C5 aperture. I chose the very slightly smaller font so my reg fits on one line for obvious reasons, but it could've been two lines if necessary. I filed around the outside to make it fit as it was rectangular and oversized. Not suggesting for a minute that mine is fully legal but it does fill the space... Also, this supplier will include the BS number and postcode etc as legally required.
My order was as follows:-
Plates: Front Only
Front Size: Minimal Car (14x7)
Registration Font: MOTORBIKE FONT
FB_IMG_1682318421319~2.jpg

Rich

Administrator
You need a 12 x 6 plate with motorcycle font. Perfectly legal if it has maker's postcode and BS markings.
A pedantic mot tester would fail our Chairman's V77TTE on spacings, border, and markings.
I had similar but had to change it to something legal.

BigVet

Supporting vendor
We can supply the exact shaped plate for the opening, cut to GM's template. Dromey Corvettes 01507 450699.

Oldmacdonald

Regular user
Thanks for your responses, sorry about the slow reply, I have been spending long hours on a more sedate machine lately!
I was really looking for one of the '4D' crystal gel topped plates in the smaller import font, I maybe getting there.