C7 Corvette Shaking Lawsuit

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Another class action lawsuit involving the so-called “Chevy shake” was filed this month.
The latest lawsuit covers newer vehicles, and follows an earlier suit that covered several makes and models from 2015 to 2019.

The new lawsuit covers certain vehicles from 2019 to 2022 and models customers bought on or after March 1, 2019, including:

- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2019 Cadillac ATS, ATS-V, CTS, CT6 and CTS-V
- 2019-2022 Chevrolet Camaro, Colorado and Silverado
- 2019-2022 GMC Canyon and Sierra

“It would vibrate pretty good to where it was like you were driving over rumble strips,” said Peter Bernier, who owned a 2019 Silverado. He and his wife Lisa hope the new lawsuit holds General Motors accountable. “And (they) continue to sell them to people that are unsuspecting, that don’t know any better,” he said.

The couple told Action Jason Stoogenke the dealer eventually bought their truck back. “We feel very bad for the next person,” Lisa Bernier said.
“We didn’t want to sell it outright to somebody because I didn’t want to dump a problem on somebody else. I didn’t feel right doing that.
But when the dealer that sold it to us offered to buy it back, I felt a little better about that, because now it’s their problem,” Peter Bernier added.

Stoogenke contacted GM. The company did not want to comment on the lawsuit.

Here is a list of vehicles covered in the first lawsuit:
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2017-2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2016-2019 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2015-2019 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV
- 2016-2019 Cadillac ATS, ATS-V, CTS, CT6 and CTS-V
- 2015-2019 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL and Yukon Denali XL
- 2017-2019 GMC Canyon

Stoogenke was one of the first reporters in the country to report on the GM vibration issues.
Since 2019, more consumers have complained to him about this issue than any other, except for problems having to do with the pandemic such as stimulus checks and unemployment.
Nearly 300 drivers in 30 states and Canada have contacted Stoogenke about this issue.