C7 Vette with Italian style

Roscobbc

2021-Zagato-GTZ_3-1024x660.jpg

2021-Zagato-GTZ-1024x572.jpg

Always fancied owning a C7 but want a more 'Italiniate' style? - perhaps a re-body by Zagato?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Interesting that it’s a Zagato effort as the original was Bertone (Corvette powered though)

I don’t often like these “homages” but that’s pretty

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The C7 Zagato looks stunning , but then I have always been an admirer of the Zagato styling house that has produced some fabulous looking bodywork with a few exceptions that looked a bit of a dog in my opinion . For me the Aston Martin DB4 Zagato is just sex on wheels :p And the iconic `double bubble ` room was a master stroke . Even the wife`s Peugot RCZ -200GT may well be a design classic of the future with Z being a lightly vailed homage` to Zegato !!

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Some years ago I had a long, hard look at a car that was then going to be called the Perana z-One. Corvette based and built in a factory at Port Elizabeth, South Africa, with styling by Zagato. I declined to splash the cash, mainly because it didn't have ABS.

As it turned out, nobody bought the car and the project made its way into the hands of AC Cars who have constantly struggled to find anything more modern to sell alongside their ancient Cobra. Back in the 1990s they tried to sell a car called the AC Ace Brooklands - looked like a giant MX5 with mechanicals from the Mustang - and nobody bought it.

AC cars have tried to sell the Perana Z-one as the "AC 378 GT Zagato" but, guess what, nobody has bought it. Another dead end.

Could I get tempted by a GTZ? Definitely, although the price might slow me down a bit,

" Zagato has sworn to only create 19 examples of the GTZ, and it has already sold nine units to date. This means only 10 units are left in the build slot, so you better hurry if you want to get your grubby paws on Zagato’s latest masterpiece. ... We’re expecting it to cost more than an average-size house in a decent American suburb."

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just had a `Light Bulb ` moment ! The C7 Zagato is a bit like a modern take on the stunning Iso Grifo of the late 60`s early 70`s that was powered by both both Corvette small block and big block V8`s . Italian style and Chevy power (y) . I well remember drooling over the Grifo at an Earls Court Motor Show back in the day !