C8 Luggage Bags

RobWalker

CCCUK Member
Hi all,
I'm new here and new to Corvette too. I went to buy an R8 2020 5l the other week, saw a C8 near by, which i know or knew very little about (yes been busy googling ever since) and the R8 looked a bit 'ordinary'. 10 minutes later i was paying for the Vette and the deal was done. I am now the owner of a hypersonic grey 2LC and my Corvette journey has just begun - and its certainly not disappointing in the slightest.
Next step for me was to get some luggage that i could fit in the car as my 1st outing saw my small flight cases replaced with Tesco carrier bags. i couldnt get our cases in the car.
I had a google and found some Chevvy leather holdalls at £1300 a pair - so that was a no for me. I found x 2 pretty big leather holdalls (72cm wide x 30 x 32) that would fit the boot pretty well, £250 each from Lakeland Leather. The surprise and bonus here is they fit the front too. The 1st one upside down and the 2nd the right way up. i can get 4 of these in with 2 up front and 2 in the boot with matching laptop and shoulder bags - perfect fit - so thought its worth a share!

Attachments

• IMG_2936.jpg
    IMG_2936.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2937.jpg
    IMG_2937.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2939.jpg
    IMG_2939.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 9

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Well done/Congrats on the new car Mr Rob Walker (y) That was some day? You go out to buy a R8 and come home with a C8 (nice one :)). Thanks for the helpful tip too. TBH, there's not too much chat on here from UK C8 owners. Maybe you know this already, but Craig at Ian Allan Motors has a Facebook page for UK C8 owners:

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Despite the seemingly relative rareity of the C8.......Essex region have seen quite a few attend monthly meeting and regional events!

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Welcome to the CCCUK website Rob. One or two pics of the car would be good? 👍
Please do join the club, a list of benefits and joining details are on links at the top of the homepage.
And yes, we are called the 'Classic Corvette Club' but we welcome all eight generations and the family is well over 1,000 strong 😁
They are all classics!!!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
That's one of the other joys of owning a Corvette - There are all these companies in the US. like Ecklers and Mid America Motorworks, that want to sell you all these accessories/tuning bits etc for your car.

RobWalker

CCCUK Member
Welcome to the CCCUK website Rob. One or two pics of the car would be good? 👍
Please do join the club, a list of benefits and joining details are on links at the top of the homepage.
And yes, we are called the 'Classic Corvette Club' but we welcome all eight generations and the family is well over 1,000 strong 😁
They are all classics!!!
I’ve signed up already - and as soon as it stops raining I’ll get a few pics posted 👍🏻

RobWalker

CCCUK Member
That's one of the other joys of owning a Corvette - There are all these companies in the US. like Ecklers and Mid America Motorworks, that want to sell you all these accessories/tuning bits etc for your car.
😂🙄