C8 RHD

maoilearca

Regular user
Thanks for your reply - and understanding (no disrespect intended)
I wonder what others think about the allocation of 100 for first RHD model year in UK - too small or about right? In addition - GM, not even having Vauxhall now as a possible outlet, may well assume they could not sell even 10% of the 3000 Mustangs sold here in 16/17. However, if even the 100 are marketed only through IAM, how would its 3 year warranty work for a buyer in Scotland or North of England? Anyways, exciting times.

Roscobbc

Hopefully IAM will answer for themselves - yes, a dealership 100's of miles away will be an issues for many no doubt - perhaps for others, the diehard enthusiasts that kind of trip is a challenge they will enjoy as a 'fun' part of ownership. Owners of other limited edition vehicles seemingly get over distance issues without too much difficulty.

Rich

Administrator
Perhaps we could look at this from a commercial viewpoint for a moment. GM need to satisfy their largest market first which, of course, is the US. The UK market is minute by comparison which is why we need to wait a while for the official imports. I can’t see GM investing masses in nationwide dealerships for a market which is historically tiny, although you could argue that it’s a chicken and egg situation – invest more and you may sell more. Also the investment required by another dealer to set up a Corvette franchise may not make it worthwhile for them.

Ian Allan Motors are passionate about Corvette (and Camaro) and the CCCUK works in partnership with them to our mutual benefit. Agreed, geographically speaking, they may not be positioned well for a lot of the UK but there is an official service centre in Stockport. I have an IAM supplied Camaro, and whilst I live over 80 miles from them, I have taken it them numerous times for service and other work. To me that is the cost of them supplying me with such a fantastic car and it is well worth the marginal inconvenience.

I’m absolutely not convinced about the figured quoted here of 100 cars and shouldn't really comment only further on this point. Only time will tell, but for now I, for one, am grateful that at least we will be getting some here.

Maoilearca - pay your £2.5k and hopefully you will be there proud owner of what will be a uniquely fabulous car.

maoilearca

Regular user
Perhaps we could look at this from a commercial viewpoint for a moment. GM need to satisfy their largest market first which, of course, is the US. The UK market is minute by comparison which is why we need to wait a while for the official imports. I can’t see GM investing masses in nationwide dealerships for a market which is historically tiny, although you could argue that it’s a chicken and egg situation – invest more and you may sell more. Also the investment required by another dealer to set up a Corvette franchise may not make it worthwhile for them.

Ian Allan Motors are passionate about Corvette (and Camaro) and the CCCUK works in partnership with them to our mutual benefit. Agreed, geographically speaking, they may not be positioned well for a lot of the UK but there is an official service centre in Stockport. I have an IAM supplied Camaro, and whilst I live over 80 miles from them, I have taken it them numerous times for service and other work. To me that is the cost of them supplying me with such a fantastic car and it is well worth the marginal inconvenience.

I’m absolutely not convinced about the figured quoted here of 100 cars and shouldn't really comment only further on this point. Only time will tell, but for now I, for one, am grateful that at least we will be getting some here.

Maoilearca - pay your £2.5k and hopefully you will be there proud owner of what will be a uniquely fabulous car.
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go ahead, but pay with a credit card (and handle the 2.5% card charge myself). Otherwise, this:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go ahead, but pay with a credit card (and handle the 2.5% card charge myself). Otherwise, this:
You never know - GM could tap into Dealer Networks like Sytner who are as far north as Humberside and Stratstone as far north as Glascow - The £100 K RHD mid engine Vette is going to be a new individual alternative with great "Bangs for Bucks" for the likes of buyers for the R8, Gallardo, Porsche etc and other new and used exotica.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
By all means use a credit card but you won't get "section 75" protection.

For s.75 to apply the total transaction price must be less than £30,000 - not just the deposit.
(See under the heading, Making a Claim.)

maoilearca

Regular user
By all means use a credit card but you won't get "section 75" protection.

For s.75 to apply the total transaction price must be less than £30,000 - not just the deposit.
(See under the heading, Making a Claim.)
Thanks. I'd only want protection for the £2.5k given that the dealer would be holding your money for well over a year. That said, once the build slot is finally later confirmed, IAM said you'd need to pay another £7.5k (making £10k in all) which would be non-refundable. Insuring that amount might still be a problem.