Caliper replacement

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Will be replacing my calipers & Flexi rubber hoses on my 78 soon
Q: Are there copper washers in the joints, & if so will it be best to renew them also? Any advice most welcome.

Last edited:

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. Haven't received the calipers yet, will see what I get in the box. As I'm doing it on the drive I didn't want to get it all apart & then have to leave it unfinished awaiting parts.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Thanks One ball, I do shop at CK. In this case its the flexible pipes I'm replacing, the metal pipes look good, but have read the rubber ones collapse inside so just playing safe.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I'm sure you are prepared, but do give everything a good dose of Plus Gas or similar before you start! The joint between flexi hose and the hard lines on the chassis are the crucial ones - you don't want to be working backwards through the car!

And have a good line wrench to hand!

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
I've got flare spanners & normal so should be OK. If it looks tricky I might chicken out & get my local garage to do it! They're pretty good with old motors.

Alben78

Well-known user
When I last changed front calipers there were copper washers between the flexi coupling and the caliper threaded female side. From memory everything else was flared.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Hi Alben78, thanks for your input. I will see if there's any washers in the box with the calipers when they come. They don't cost much so will get some if not. Cheers Steve