Callaway Speedster

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Now this has attitude, without the brashness.

Callaway speedster.
This was ordered new by James Cameron ( director Terminator ) for his then wife Linda Hamilton ( Terminator co star)

Only 10 of these beauties were built, each one different. This is number 004.
No need to drive it, park it in your living room sit in your chair and just look at it. Beautiful.

Cost in 1991 was $186000.

B680F26B-A9A4-4AF4-89D0-91616CADBE0E.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Certainly looks nice in red. The aerobody certainly alters the look of the car. Seems a reasonable price for such a rare car.

Roscobbc

Presumably most of us would have seen the feature perhaps last year on the Essex members Callaway Corvette. Previous owner had sent it back to Callaway for more substansial engine modifications at an eyewatering price. Was latterly modified with a full rose jointed suspension - current owner struggles to use this on Essex roads - it was up for sale some months ago I believe.......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always fancied one of these after I saw Brian Neighbours one. Even more so when he had the aerobody fitted. Nearly bought the old David or John Lloyd turquoise coupe back in 1992 or 93, but bob wanted 28k for it, and I just couldn’t get there. The manual transmission was always a sticking point for me. Been toying with getting one again after I saw one at Daytona in 2019. Then COVID stopped us travelling. Seen a nice convertible on Callaway’s Website, aero body convertible AND it’s a very rare auto. Only thing is it’s $60k. OH well.