Can Anyone Identify The Year?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
This photograph emerged tonight of me aged 15 in Canada, July 1978. A moment I recall in so many ways but of which I had no memory nor knowledge of a picture being taken until now! 😯😎

Naturally thrilled to discover it was taken 43 years on and I wonder if anyone is able to identify which year model it is?

Obviously 1974-1978, but perhaps some keen eyed expert can pinpoint a year.

Either way, I'm beyond thrilled to have this photographic record (there are also some of a C1) as I certainly cannot believe any were taken in 71/72 when I first recall the V8 rumble of Corvettes racing at Silverstone & Spa.

Thanks in advance!
received_3981950825249834~4.jpeg

Last edited:

Letank

CCCUK Member
Looks like either a 75 or 76 based on the front bumper shape and nose emblem. I would guess a 75 based on the colour, which I think is dark red. I think there was only a standard red available in 76.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Looks like either a 75 or 76 based on the front bumper shape and nose emblem. I would guess a 75 based on the colour, which I think is dark red. I think there was only a standard red available in 76.
Brilliant, thanks so much Steve. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Agree 75 or 76. The hood’s vent grille in front of windscreen makes it either of these two years.
I’m just wondering if the steering wheel (which is hard to see clearly) is the four spoke sport option available in 1976. The three spoke on 1975 cars is thinner and has a slot. Hard to tell!

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Agree 75 or 76. The hood’s vent grille in front of windscreen makes it either of these two years.
I’m just wondering if the steering wheel (which is hard to see clearly) is the four spoke sport option available in 1976. The three spoke on 1975 cars is thinner and has a slot. Hard to tell!
You guys are eagle eyed pros! Fabulous, thank you both. πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Tried to blow up the picture and keep it clear to look at that steering wheel. The rim looks pretty thick, so I would say it’s a 1976. The 75 wheel had a much thinner rim. ( a much nicer wheel all round) the 76 corvette wheel was from a Chevrolet vega I seem to remember, and was unloved by the corvette community

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I've cleaned this image up a little more and played with colour settings.

Do any of the images help with the 75 vs 76 debate? πŸ€”
PSX_20220208_061538.jpgPSX_20220208_061523.jpg1641396366950-db2e4cb8-d124-4e02-9012-b946d25c187a~2.jpg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
The other difference between a 75 and 76 is the vent grille behind the rear window, but that can’t see that from the photo. The thicker steering wheel rim makes your car a 76…unless that had been changed.