Can anyone recommend a top class paint shop used to doing classics

adventuresinavette

CCCUK Member
any recommendations on someone who paints C3's regularly as my paintshop by his own admission isn't used to working on them
Thanks in advance
Craig

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My 73 has quite bad blistering and I fancy getting it fully resprayed and would appreciate any recommendations on someone who paints C3's regularly as my paintshop by his own admission isn't used to working on them
Thanks in advance
Craig
You just need a paintshop well versed in working on fibre glass bodywork . Where abouts are you located ?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You can always send the car here in the USA
To Earl Scheib, that have a chain of paint shops all over the USA
and whole paint job is $69.99

Just do not be fussy on the end results ! :) :) :)

Roscobbc

Many paintshops will tell you they are experienced in spraying fibre glass.........but just think about it. 'Any Spray Shop' does your paint job in say, the summer........the car goes through winter OK 'cos you haven't wanted to take your nice fresh paintwork out in the nasty cold and wet weather........summer comes and you do a few shows and the next winter comes on and you use the car a bit, put it back in the garage and the following summer after a scorching hot day out a couple of weeks later you see micro blisters on your five grand paint job. You're gonna take it back to the painter arn't you? - and there lies the problem - he will most likely tell you to get stuffed "its 18 months since I did your paint job mate, you are well out of warranty"
Unlike metal glass fibre (and filler) will absorb moisture - so if the paint shop uses the same prep techniques for 'glass bodied cars if using the same wet sanding processes they'll need to make sure any absorbed moisture is dried off in an oven? - am I wrong fella's? - and there lies the cause.

antijam

CCCUK Member
....Unlike metal glass fibre (and filler) will absorb moisture - so if the paint shop uses the same prep techniques for 'glass bodied cars if using the same wet sanding processes they'll need to make sure any absorbed moisture is dried off in an oven? - am I wrong fella's? - and there lies the cause.
Just to reinforce Rosco's point on drying, I posted this a while ago. The paint job on the glassfibre car was done in 2013 - it's still fine.