Car Registartion in the UK

Wayne Bridgman

CCCUK Member
Dear Members Help

I have just tried to register my C6 Corvette the in the UK with the DVLA and currently i do not have the original export document it was kept by the Omani Authoraties during export, i have just a scanned copy . DVLA are asking for a cover letter and proof of shipping whcih i can provide after some digging of old emeails ect , what i really need is help verifying the cars date of manufature which is supposed to come from the GM, this is what i need help with, surley i can get the VIN details from GM and this is enough or not please advise i expect many of you have been through teh same pain .

Wayne Bridgman

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Not sure why you don't have the VIN number if that's the case/ Do you have the car? The 10th digit of the VIN number (at the bottom of the windscreen) tells you what model year the car is (e.g. 7 = 2007). There should be a plate on the drivers door showing the month/year the car was manufactured.

Also, if you have the VIN number, Ian Allan Motors can do you a printout from the GM Global Connect system that will show the date of manufacture, as well as recall jobs/work performed.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
My US import Kawasaki didn’t have a reg document so a letter from Kawasaki U.K. confirming chassis number and build date was used to prove it’s age.

I’d suggest speaking to Ian Allen’s the U.K. GM agent and see if they can do the same.