Until: Sun 21 Jul 2024 - 16:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Sat 20 Jul 2024 - 09:00
End: Sun 21 Jul 2024 - 16:00

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Once again we return to the fabulous Sywell Aerodrome hopefully with better weather than the 2023 event.

For those that haven't attended the Nationals the last two years at Sywell it really is a great venue with on site accommodation, restaurant, bar, cafe, museum and a whole load of vintage aircraft including a Spitfire, P51 Mustang, ME109, Tiger Moths and more all of which provide pleasure flights if that takes your fancy but they are not cheap!

The entire site is of the Art Deco period and period features have been retained and even reproduced in the newer Aviator hotel providing a stunning venue.

Check back for updates as attractions are added.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Hi all. For everyone attending the Gala Dinner on Saturday 20th July you can now make your food choices.

Please send your selections to me @ nationals@corvetteclub.org.uk and the first 90 replies will secure a seat.

The cost for two courses is £30.95 per head.

The cost for three courses is £39.50 per head.

Roast Beef carries a £3.00 surcharge on top of the base price.

The selections this year are:

Starters:

Goats Cheese (V)

Chicken Liver Parfait (GFO)

Veg Soup (GF/V/VE)

Mains:

Mushroom & Spinach Risotto (GF/V/VE)

Roast Sirloin of Beef (GFO)

Chicken Supreme (GF)

Desserts:

Lemon Tart

Cheesecake

Sticky Toffee Pudding

(V) Vegetarian/ (VE) Vegan/ (GF) Gluten Free

Tea/coffee & Mints additional £2.95 per person

Once all 90 seats are filled we will as per last year request that you pay direct to our club bank account and we will make one payment to Sywell.

Please reply like below to make it simple for us to consolidate all selections at our end:

John Smith: Soup, Chicken & Cheesecake £39.50

Jane Smith: Mushroom Risotto & Lemon Tart £30.95

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
With just over five weeks until the Corvette Nationals for those that have not visited the previous two events at Sywell Aerodrome it will be for now your last chance to enjoy this fabulous Art Deco venue as we look to move to a new venue for next year. In 2022 we were treated to a free airshow in fabulous weather including a Spitfire, P51 Mustang, ME109 and a flock of Tiger Moths so let’s hope for good weather this year and not the wet and windy shock we had last year. Weather related again but we are booked to be back on the airfield not the hard standing this year.

Post Gala dinner entertainment this year will be a DJ rather than a live band and that way we can cater for all music tastes!

There are a few Gala dinner places left and don’t forget, anyone can attend the Gala dinner whether you’re staying on site at the Aviator hotel, staying at an alternative hotel or even travelling home. I’ll repost the menu and costs in a follow up message.

At the two previous Nationals we had a C8 convertible followed by a C8 Zo6 and this year we had been told by GM that we could display an E Ray but that is still not finalised at this point.

Don’t forget the AGM is held at the Nationals on Saturday afternoon where you can come along and have your say or suggest ways of improving our great club. You can even put yourself forward for a committee or regional rep role!

The great Ken Lingenfelter has expressed interest in attending the Nationals this year and we really hope we can make that happen. How great would it be to pick up one of the twelve trophies on offer and have your photo taken with Ken!

I’ll leave it here for now as Peter has a follow up message regarding some other attractions we have planned.

If anyone has any questions, please drop me a line.

Venue Sywell Aerodrome

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
So due to a recent question from a member, it’s occurred to me that not everyone knows how the Nationals works as maybe they’ve never been or are a new member.

Firstly, the Nationals is for all members and even Corvette owners that are not yet members but maybe thinking about joining. So if you have mates that own Corvettes but are not members encourage them to come along and see what it’s all about.

Secondly, after a question about tickets and costs, some will remember that there was an admission fee before Covid that helped off-set the cost of this event but as the club coffers were full as we couldn’t do events during Covid the entrance fee was waved to as we said at the time ‘give back to members’ We have now given notice that the entrance fee will be reinstated in 2025 as the club cannot continue to fund these events as we are with no admission fee.

Thirdly, just because you have no plans to make a weekend of the event and stay in the on-site hotel or nearby accommodation doesn’t mean you are not invited. Quite the opposite, we welcome members and non-members on both days or just one day to do a turn up and enjoy their visit.

Lastly, you do not have to book yourself or Corvette in to attend. You can come and go as you please while realising this event is held at a live airfield so there are some restrictions like low speed etc.