Until: Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Rant Time.
I see that any attendees to the London Classic Car show will need to show proof of negative Covid tests. And that's fine - the organisers are doing the 'correct' thing (and I support their adhererence to HMG's guidelines). But out of principle I will not be going. And similarly 'out of principle' I will not be going to any other event or location that also requires a 'negative' Covid test. Why? (you may ask) - it is the age old 'rule for one' and 'not the other'. On the one hand the majority of the UK population are following HMG's guidlines re. Covid jabs, sociual distancing, rule of numbers etc etc. - and presumably we are all in agreement here? - yet we have a government that has 'allowed' attendees to fly out from the UK to religious festivals in areas that are know Covid not spot 'no-go' locations and additionally return also on private charter flights back to the UK with no quarantine requirements like us 'mortals' have to. So now as a result we are seeing a significant 'hike' in the newly classified ultra contagious Delta variant.....all as a result of our hopelessly inadequate governments legislature. And now all of us who have followed HMG's recommendations relating to Covid are seeing the results yet again of HMG having allowed the G7 conference to continue in 'real time' (when for the last 18 months the rest of of us have been using Zoom and various other on-line video links for meetings). We now have a major Covid infection increase in Cornwall due to all the G7 participants and their 'hangers-on' staying in hotels and dining in cafe's etc not just in Cornwall but probably in areas close to London airports and hotels when the delegates first arrive in to the UK (and once again before they return). I am infuriated putting it mildly - that all us us in our private and business lives have sacrificed much over the last 18 months - and we typically have a government doing exactly the opposite to what they are telling the population to do.......
I expect many others won't go because of this exact reason.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I am in total agreement ! I too am spitting sparks over the G7 conference going ahead in a totally unacceptable way . This government has absolutely no credibility , honesty or integrity on so many levels in my opinion . :mad:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just to be clear , I agree with Ross about the governments double standards and their `one rule for them , another rule for us` stance along with the totally unnecessary face to face G7 and all its consequences . However , I strongly believe that we should all try to get on with lives , attend events where possible and try to enjoy our self whilst taking all the necessary precautions and safety measures . If you have had both vaccinations , carry your card and be proud to prove it . If you need to take a test to prove you are Covid free , take it and be proud to prove it and stick two fingers up at Boris at the same time . This will be the best way to show Barmy Boris and his sleezy cohorts that we will not be duped and deceived by their double standards and crass actions . If we all stay home and sulk as a " matter of principle " then the bast**ds have won ! Which is what they want . Maybe politicians should try leading by example for once ! And final part of my rant , don`t call it the Delta variant like the bloody PC brigade have branded it . Its INDIAN . It came from India so it`s F`in Indian . They didn`t worry about being PC over the Kent variant did they ???

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Ok so put things in general perspective here - this is my opinion - In the UK, it is only a Democracy until the governing party is in power, from that point on they do what is necessary to keep their jobs and their Party in power, together with some of them legally engrossing their income due to opportunities and position - a natural for most people.

They make Political Decisions - the definition of which is they make the correct decision for the wrong reason, or of course the wrong decision for the correct reason
They need to be PC to appeal to all, to maintain position - that is where it breaks down we need dictats from those that Rule, correctly, honestly and justifiably and are not reliant on future votes - In pursuit of Democracy our Governing system is wrong.

You may mock Borris - he is more astute than people give him credit - he single-handedly took us out of the EU, everyone was against him, even in his own party - where would we be now if he had not made Brexit happen - would you have had two Jabs? - We would not even know when and if we would ever get the first one - The alternatives to Boris are only relished by a few with usually another agenda.

Covid has come and it is a balance of health (NHS) against economy with no previous models of such an exponentially charged pandemic in the UK - HMG have had to act on their feet, based on what was best at the time - whatever they did or do, there will be pundits disagreeing - it is very difficult to set simple rules to cater for all and sundry

Ideally close the Borders in or out and go get your Jab NOW! - What would be the outcome of that - What would be the outcry? - HMG have tried to balance rather than dictate.

The Real blame rests fairly and squarely on all those whom have not respected the Rules.
We will find HMG gradually bring in more and more Rules to ensure that those who have refused their Jab are now more likely to go get their Jab - NHS and Care workers wanting to keep their Jobs, People wanting to travel more efficiently etc.

Who ever is right, who ever is wrong - we all need to do our bit to keep infection down and the economy buoyant.

We want the Shows, the Shows need visitors, if we have to jump through hoops to ensure safety - so be it - if we want the Show we need to do our bit

Please feel free to disagree

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I agree with some of your views and yes the UK has out performed many other countries with the vaccine programme , but Boris perpetually churns out that line as a smoke screen to deflect searching questions about other mis handled issues . Then there is the issue of his ministers conduct . Latest in the never ending saga is Matt Hancock deliberately withholding PHE data on vaccine effectiveness . What happened to honesty , integrity and transparency , not mention accountability ? Oh silly me ! I forgot ! They are politicians so that doesn`t apply to them . Funny how John Bercow can also smell a bad egg when he sees one !

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
My priority is to keep everyone (including me and you) as safe as possible,
Well the Covid test they want won't keep anyone safe. Do it at home (or don't even do the test), upload a negative result and 10 minutes later magically a email arrives telling you that you don't have Covid. Save your sanctimonious words mate.

Rich

Administrator
Well the Covid test they want won't keep anyone safe. Do it at home (or don't even do the test), upload a negative result and 10 minutes later magically a email arrives telling you that you don't have Covid. Save your sanctimonious words mate.
I don't disagree with what you have said, Bill as the tests do rely on people doing them correctly and honestly, but I still see safety of everyone as a priority. You clearly hold a different opinion but there are ways of expressing it.

richie500

CCCUK Member
Just to be clear , I agree with Ross about the governments double standards and their `one rule for them , another rule for us` stance along with the totally unnecessary face to face G7 and all its consequences . However , I strongly believe that we should all try to get on with lives , attend events where possible and try to enjoy our self whilst taking all the necessary precautions and safety measures . If you have had both vaccinations , carry your card and be proud to prove it . If you need to take a test to prove you are Covid free , take it and be proud to prove it and stick two fingers up at Boris at the same time . This will be the best way to show Barmy Boris and his sleezy cohorts that we will not be duped and deceived by their double standards and crass actions . If we all stay home and sulk as a " matter of principle " then the bast**ds have won ! Which is what they want . Maybe politicians should try leading by example for once ! And final part of my rant , don`t call it the Delta variant like the bloody PC brigade have branded it . Its INDIAN . It came from India so it`s F`in Indian . They didn`t worry about being PC over the Kent variant did they ???
Unfortunately we live in a world where you are not aloud to say certain things (truth hurts) and as we are in the middle of a possible trade deal worth billions with India, I can semi understand why the Government bottled it. However this would not happen in Russia, USA or many other countries and i am sure if the shoe was on the other foot India wouldn't rename the UK variant. So get used to rolling on your back and getting your belly rubbed.
My selfish personal wish would be for UK and USA to have a free trade deal so i can get a friend for my C3 and also so i can buy parts cheaper.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It has never been my style to just role over and take the crap . Just ask people that have crossed me ! I will defend matters of principle to the death . The UK is the door mat of the world ! If this government had the balls to close our borders like other countries we wouldn`t be in this mess now .

richie500

CCCUK Member
It has never been my style to just role over and take the crap . Just ask people that have crossed me ! I will defend matters of principle to the death . The UK is the door mat of the world ! If this government had the balls to close our borders like other countries we wouldn`t be in this mess now .
I wish I stayed studying politics at school because I agree with you and I know I would have done a good job for the UK, but there are too many soft people in the UK now. We need politicians who will defend our borders and tell the world we wont be messed with, they all seem to be spineless

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I wish I stayed studying politics at school because I agree with you and I know I would have done a good job for the UK, but there are too many soft people in the UK now. We need politicians who will defend our borders and tell the world we wont be messed with, they all seem to be spineless
Be thankful you didn`t go into politics , you would have turned into a `what`s in it for me ` sleeze ball like all the others have . How many of them have been young idealists thinking they can change the world , only to get sucked into the mire of lies , deceit and dishonesty as time passes .! Power corrupts , that`s why the Roman Empire fell apart . Nothing changes ! :mad:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
The lack of Honesty and Integrity is not confined to Politicians, Loyalty is extremely hard to come by, the precepts of good behaviour have fallen into the abyss long ago - is this Thread really about a Show Apologies for off Topic

Post on Here if you are going to the London Classic