Clock Highs, Oil Pressure Gauge Lows

Roscobbc

Clock movements are presumably generic - all other cars with electric clocks from the same period will have the same issues - can't actually recall any American car I've ever owned that had had working clock (except perhaps later quartz ones) - having said all that it isn't a rocket science fix - usually a small 'swiss' or contact file given a quick rub inbetween the electrical contact is enough to clean them and re-establish electrical continuity......

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Think my wife is more excited about clock working, oil pressure gauge (and all others)far more important to me, but it will be nice to look down and see a working cluster 😁

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
She just keeps on giving.....saw an empty bulb holder in my centre dash console, so rude not to fill it.
Suffice to say, on starting engine....nothing new, but then when I opened the driver's door....Door Ajar sign glowed brightly!
20210319_183405.jpg

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
I love those radio dials. Were they easy to fit? I'll be doing the same.
They are the standard dials on the original AM/FM radio that came with the car. I was contemplating putting in a modern stereo/retro looking radio when I had all of this out, but I just think it looks so cool and period perfect. Radio works pretty good, so why bother?

Letank

CCCUK Member
They are the standard dials on the original AM/FM radio that came with the car. I was contemplating putting in a modern stereo/retro looking radio when I had all of this out, but I just think it looks so cool and period perfect. Radio works pretty good, so why bother?
If you ever change your mind then Retrosound make a retro style modern stereo with Bluetooth etc, which can be optioned with the same knobs as these. I have one waiting to go in mine. (y)CA85EEF1-B46B-4D53-B35E-F22E87326F4C.jpeg

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
If you ever change your mind then Retrosound make a retro style modern stereo with Bluetooth etc, which can be optioned with the same knobs as these. I have one waiting to go in mine. (y)View attachment 9880
Now that is very nice indeed. How much will I have to steal from my Piggy Bank? and is a simple enough job connecting it up to the old wiring, speakers etc?

Letank

CCCUK Member
I think it was about £350 with the knobs and bezel. I haven’t fitted it yet but I hope it won’t be too much trouble!