Clutch pedal noise

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, anyone else have or had the annoying buzzy vibration from the clutch pedal? I had greased my Z shaft which I thought had stopped the bit of movement , it is back again now. I think the movement is in the stud from the block end . Whether that is the cause of the annoying rattle at the pedal Iā€™m not sure. If I touch the pedal with my foot then I can stop the noise. I cant feel play at the pedal. Any suggestions appreciated.šŸ‘

TimP

CCCUK Member
Mine still isn't operational but ...... Just a thought, are the white plastic 'bearings' in good condition? see pic at top left. If these were worn they might allow a bit of chatter. The felt seal may also have a damping effect.

Transmission 1.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Mine still isn't operational but ...... Just a thought, are the white plastic 'bearings' in good condition? see pic at top left. If these were worn they might allow a bit of chatter. The felt seal may also have a damping effect.

View attachment 23282
Thanks Tim, they were nee I presume when rebuilt 10 years ago, they seem all there and intact but they may not have replaced the block stud . I think i will order a kit and replace it all to eliminate it. šŸ‘

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Hi all, anyone else have or had the annoying buzzy vibration from the clutch pedal? I had greased my Z shaft which I thought had stopped the bit of movement , it is back again now. I think the movement is in the stud from the block end . Whether that is the cause of the annoying rattle at the pedal Iā€™m not sure. If I touch the pedal with my foot then I can stop the noise. I cant feel play at the pedal. Any suggestions appreciated.šŸ‘

You mention buzzy vibration but then rattle, does both ?

Have you listened by the bell housing to see it is not the throwout bearing having lost its grease packing and bouncing against the fingers
of the pressure plate ?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
You mention buzzy vibration but then rattle, does both ?

Have you listened by the bell housing to see it is not the throwout bearing having lost its grease packing and bouncing against the fingers
of the pressure plate ?
It is quite a hi pitched noise , I thought it may have been the tacho cable dry but then decided against it as can stop it by moving the clutch pedal up with top of my foot or by pressing down slightly. It is at certain revs I think it sound more pedal than bellhousing area but sound could be travelling, i see there are nylon or plastic pedal bushings but I cant feel any play in them. There is a lot of wiring and cables around the pedal pivot area that I though may have been rattling around against the pedal but cant reproduce the noise by hand . Will go for another test to see what revs it is at and if on acceleration or over run . šŸ‘