Connection for CTEK charger

phn

CCCUK Member
Hi there, I was trying to figure out where to attach a permanent CTEK trickle charger connection to my C5.

The battery is diffrent to any I have seen before with the terminals on the side of the battery rather than on the top.

There is also a remote positive terminal under a cover next to the fuse box (see attached picture)

Should I attach the permanent CTEK connection to the terminals on the side of the battery (I am not sure if there is enough space for the spade to fit there as there is no exposed thread) or should it be fitted to the remote positive terminal (but then I couldnt find a good earth anywhere near the battery where the negative spade could attach to?)

Appreciate any knowledge anyone has on this - if someone has a permanent CTEK lead on their car how did you fit it?

Thanks as always!

Attachments

• PXL_20240303_105416630.jpg
    PXL_20240303_105416630.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 14

antijam

CCCUK Member
I plug mine into the cigarette lighter socket on my C3. If the lighter socket is always live on the C5 it should be OK to do the same. You'll need one of these.

Reactions: phn

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes you can connect the positive side to the connection point on the side of the fuse panel
It is a main 12 volts feed to the fuse panel in the passenger floor

Reactions: phn