Cordless impact driver wuery

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all , any recommendations for a mid budget cordless wheel nut impact gun?
not for everyday use as in a tyre shop but home hobby use but with decent nm of force.
also are the c3 wheel nuts metric or af and what size? TiA πŸ‘

Corvette

Well-known user
I use Makita 18v. Impact wrench, 90 deg wrench drill and sander. For rusty stuff i have a Clarke 240v impact gun, you have to hold on tight!

yes always finish off with torque wrench.

62 C1

CCCUK Member
Depends what you want to spend. I have a 500Nm cord one for wheel nuts etc and heavy duty DIY. I think if you go below 400Nm you may have problems with tough bolts etc.
The DeWalt stuff is great but expensive Β£150+ then there mid range Β£100-Β£120 versions at around 600Nm (NoCry/Hardlife - the better end of the China products) and then there will be some Amazon special at Β£65 at say 400Nm which may be a bit week. The heavier duty ones will do the job but may not have the longevity of DeWalt.

I only use mine for taking off the wheel nut and even then use a cross pattern to remove the nut. Putting them on I go manual and finish off with a torque wrench after and pattern tighten.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Personally I would use a torque wrench on wheel nuts rather than an impact gun .
I always torque them up correctly , I am wanting the impact wrench to undo them and whizz them off for ease and speed. I asked someone in our local wheel refurbishers if he could recommend one but he dismissed them and said β€œthey over tighten the nuts!” So he doesnt use them.
my immeadiate thoughts there were , β€œ bubba mechanics overtighten nuts not the wrenches ! You wizz them on with the clutch set to a loose tight and torque them up once back on the ground surely ?
reminds me of the NRA in the states β€œ guns dont kill people , people kill people β€œπŸ€”πŸ‘