"CoronaVette Catch up - Central North"

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi folks......just to let you know that I'm trying to gently round up as many Central North members to attend an informal meet on Wednesday 15th July at 11:00am at 'The Green Hut' cafe, on the A616 Worksop Road (off the Ollerton roundabout), New Ollerton, Notts, NG22 9DR. There are toilet facilities, refreshments and a McDonalds very closeby for the true American experience ;) (y). This notification is short notice and certainly not to be described as an event, but between Covid-19 and the bad 'summer' weather I'm being a little opportunistic. Weather permitting I'll be there and I'd love to meet up with as many of you folks as I can. Following the meet I intend to send off a report (with pictures) to Mark Eaton for submission to the Vette News. Hope you're all keeping well and dodging the summer showers wherever possible - cheers!

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Paul, would love to come, but Wednesday at 11am...really??? Some of us do have jobs !!
Let me know when you can sort an early evening or weekend meet and I will be there.

Jason

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
I do appreciate that midweek meets are not convenient for some people and I will be arranging other times and days in future. For now though, with the easing of the virus lockdown and big get togethers still slightly frowned upon I figured that any meet up with fellow club members is better than none at all :unsure: ? If we get some consistent weather then I shall be checking out other venues and notifying as many people as I can to boost the numbers. If you have any suggestions that are local to your area Jason, then please let me know - take care ;)(y)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
CORVETTE MEET CANCELLED.......sad news folks, the terrible British 'summer' weather has spoiled a day out with the Vettes. The weather forecast for tomorrow looks grim for the area we were set to meet in, therefore after contacting some members locally I have decided not to go ahead with this particular meet. I remember when Britain seemed to have long, balmy summer months, but alas this no longer appears to be the case. Stay safe everyone and I will notify you of any events in what remains of summer 2020................hmmmmm :unsure: ???

Graham Butler

Regular user
I remember the summer of 1976, no rain from May to September, but then, of course, we had a drought, and hosepipe bans, and no washing of cars, etc., etc.!

Paul, you are learning that you can please some of the people some of the time, a midweek, lunchtime meet is, for us, spot on, but we appreciate that others may not have the luxury of being retired! We will look forward to meeting you in person and other members at some time soon.

PaulC7

Regular user
Hi Paul,

I would be interested in this if it gets resurrected. I'm down between Notts and Loughborough....... only problem is I haven't got a Corvette yet..... but I'm working on it.;)

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
Hi Paul,

I would be interested in this if it gets resurrected. I'm down between Notts and Loughborough....... only problem is I haven't got a Corvette yet..... but I'm working on it.;)
That's no reason not to come to the meetings Paul. Information gleaned from fellow members might help you decide which 'Vette to get 👌

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi PaulC7........as noted, you'll be more than welcome to attend the resurrected "CoronaVette Catch Up" on Wednesday 22nd July (see separate thread for info). I am crossing figers and toes, begging for the weather forecasters to quote me happy and all that, alas it may be the weather that beats us again but I remain fairly positive. Already I've had a good take up of people planning to attend the meet and these are small steps for me bearing in mind that Covid-19 has effectively grounded us all for more than 3 months now. Not sure how many events or meets I can arrange in the period of summer that remains, but I'll give it a go, learning all the time ;)(y)

PaulC7

Regular user
Cheers Paul,
I've made a note of it and at present I can attend, unfortunately I wont be able to get my 2005 Mustang GT through an MOT before that date, so not quite a Prius, but a Skoda Octavia VRS. :)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
I once had a VW Scirocco 2.0TSI with pretty much the same motor in it, quick car (once I'd had it remapped of course. Everyone is welcome at the rescheduled 'CoronaVette Catch Up' tomorrow, see my separate thread, location and time remains the same - cheers ;)(y)

PaulC7

Regular user
Hi Paul,
Apologies for not making it the other day, I got called into work as I'm on standby, shame as the weather looked decent. I hope a few Corvettes turned up to the meeting. Coincidentally I saw what I think was my first Corvette C7 in the UK driving through my village the same evening as your meeting...... a black Corvette C7 with private plate...... sure it had "Ben" in the letters of the plate. Only ever seen them in Florida on holiday.

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Not a problem Paul, I'll be posting some pictures fairly soon of the cars that turned up so keep checking the threads ;)(y)