Corsa Sport or Borla exhaust for C6

Carl

CCCUK Member
Didn’t fancy a loud zorst but I have to say the C6 standard fitment is sowing machine quiet. Could do with one that at least emphasises the burble without making your ears bleed.
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Carl

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi Carl, As discussed, maybe Rich (former CCCUK Chairman, now Membership Secretary) still has these? Save yourself a packet/worth a punt?

CCCUK - View topic - FOR SALE - C6 MODIFIED STANDARD EXHAUSTS louder than stock

Best Regards, Peter

PS

1) When I bought "your" car 7 years ago, it did have a Corsa Touring exhaust on it. Very stupidly, I told the dealer to put a standard exhaust on it. Should have taken it with the Corsa, sold it myself and bought/fitted the standard exhaust myself (used ones are dirt cheap).

2)

3) There are a couple of used C6 sport exhausts on Ebay and in the Parts for sale section on Pistonheads

Last edited:

Carl

CCCUK Member
Thanks Peter. I’m led to believe the official sports exhaust is little different from the standard fare, but stand to be corrected if anyone knows different?
The mod looks reasonably straight forward though so might try that for a start.

Rich - are the one you have standard with the mod as in the link?
Regards,
Carl

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi Carl, Not totally sure what you mean by the "official sports exhaust" ? Is this the Dual mode/NPP? i.e.

"Prior to 2008 base model Corvettes had a basic exhaust like every other car. In 2008 Chevrolet took the learnings from the C6 Z06 and applied it to base model cars in the form of an optional dual mode exhaust package called the NPP Performance Exhaust. This system featured butterfly valves in the exhaust and perforated tips for comfortable cruising notes and a louder more aggressive tone over about 3500 rpm’s. In the base model C6 NPP mufflers were 2.5″ in diameter vs 3″

If so, I can't remember if that was ever an option on UK/Euro spec cars (from 2008), but don't think it's relevant for what you want to achieve on your 2007.

Peter

Carl

CCCUK Member
Neither am I really Peter, only suffice to say someone offered me a Chevrolet supplied sports exhaust for a Corvette?