Corvette C5 1997 Red Auto - SOLD

Austria29

CCCUK Member
Corvette C5
Price £12,750
Car is located near Hastings East Sussex
Contact - 0790 5015534Corvette1.jpg

My son and i bought this car in August 2018 from a well known dealership - American Car Centre in Fulham south west London
The car was originally bought jointly to share use but my son has moved away for work and so I bought his share of the car
Having had the car for 4 and a half years it is now time to move away from corvette ownership for a while
A combination of future loss of storage and plans to spend less time in the UK means the car is not going to get used.
The history of the car as given to us on purchase is that the car was originally imported from new by the dealership. Sold and bought back and then sold again to an individual (I do have a copy of the V5 with the owners name ) who took the car into a private collection where the car had very little use for 10 years which explains the low mileage when we purchased of 31,587.
The mileage as at 1/5/2023 is 42314 and is unlikely to increase that much
Not an expert but the car would appear to be totally standard and is a very early model C5
The car was supplied fully serviced with new pads and discs all round and new MOT
When the car was collected the Aircon was not working
Subsequently over the next couple of months after purchase the dealership paid for a Recon pump and Condenser to be fitted at a combined cost of £1108 ( invoices available)
The car came with the plate 926 HOT which we declined to pay the purchase price for and it was re-registered as P794 OKE by the DVLC
The car has been very reliable over our period of ownership.
Oil and Filter changes done by ourselves
Two new Hankook on the front to replace run flats in June 2020
Seats have been out and the washers fitted to stop the movement
Recently swapped the plugs and leads which has cured an intermittent electrical fault
New Battery just fitted

Bad Bits

The car will need two rear tyres soon
The wheels are original and are showing their age
The driver's seat does show signs of wear
Remote key fob does not work

Corvette3.jpg

Attachments

• Corvette3.jpg
    Corvette3.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

drovers

New user
hello -good to see youve sold the vette --just as a matter of interest --i purchased --a new early c5 vette --in summer 97 --the reg; was P794OKE -could possibly be the same car--cheere john

Austria29

CCCUK Member
Hi John - Thank you for getting in touch. My son and I bought the car from Dominic at the American Car Centre in Fulham. The plate that the car had was 926HOT which the guy who Dominic was selling the car for wanted £3.5K. We declined the offer and there was no mention that the the number we were getting instead was the original one but would make sense. Did you only keep the car for about a year ? . Really enjoyed owning the car and pleased its gone to a good home with a club member

drovers

New user
hello again --yes i purchased car from the american carriage co; -- and traded in for a burgandy coloured c5 --after approx 1 year --best regards john