Corvette cake topper

Corvette

Well-known user
Seeing as the wife’s Wedding cake shop is in lockdown I commissioned her staff (that’s wife) to rustle up an edible cake topper. This is the first one and about to go for trimmimg. It’s guaranteed to jazz up any plain Jane cake. Maybe in a silver finish on an iced cake same colour as the car would work well on a four layer cake with a cuppa. EAFE63D9-80F3-4523-8273-33F72E240EFE.jpeg4CA3AFED-95E5-431A-8A4E-8D881499EFEB.jpeg

Corvette

Well-known user
Came in from the garage tonight to be greeted with 7 deep mince pies . A bit strong on the brandy I could only manage 3.3F3C4A96-136A-4EBA-87D0-BECC5A4D89B7.jpeg

she‘s selling this box for afternoon tea, if they don’t sell they will be garage packed lunch.

D09D224C-A0C0-4C2A-8448-373D66B3F9EE.jpeg

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Bit early for mince pies isn't it?? :) But, Mmmmm - Clotted Cream as part of afternoon tea - deelish! One of the things we don't get here..... :(
But, I thought Prosecco was for breakfast?;)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Quote:
"Came in from the garage tonight to be greeted with 7 deep mince pies . A bit strong on the brandy I could only manage 3"

What is happening to the other 4 Frank?

Corvette

Well-known user
The mince pies and tea box were made yesterday for a photo shoot. There’s still 3 left but not for long. Girls up here drink Prosecco 24/7. Most places do a ‘drink as much as you like’ menu. There’s lots of things you dont get in France. Anything other than French wine is a rarity in Super-U which must be against EU law and surprisingly I’m always asked to bring over Mature cheddar. It’s not easy to get a decent clotted cream up here.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
The mince pies and tea box were made yesterday for a photo shoot. There’s still 3 left but not for long. Girls up here drink Prosecco 24/7. Most places do a ‘drink as much as you like’ menu. There’s lots of things you dont get in France. Anything other than French wine is a rarity in Super-U which must be against EU law and surprisingly I’m always asked to bring over Mature cheddar. It’s not easy to get a decent clotted cream up here.

Ha! Theres not much we miss though! :) We can get a reasonable cheddar and Prosecco in Super U funnily enough, but Lidl is good for international stuff. We're very happy with Loire Valley wine, but we can get a lovely Chardonnay for about 4 Euros a bottle. But our Italian wines (Est, Est, Est. or Grillo for example) come direct - along with cannoli shells and other goodies.:) That hasn't changed much for us - we always had more "international' food than English (or French) anyway. The most important item on the "can you bring me over....?" list is Marmite - available here, but at "gold dust" prices!

Corvette

Well-known user
And English Bacon is in demand.

A basic range for Christmas. Anyone coming over for Corvette parts better have a sweet tooth.30EE14F4-0F20-4B18-8826-9922F765F4FC.jpegD0B270A9-58DD-491A-9631-DF53F6A511B4.jpeg