Corvette trolly/dolly

I have now received my 1970 project car . The previous owner did an enormous amount of work on the car and had the body and chassis separated . The body has been put back on the chassis for transportation and now I would like to split it again to Cary on with the restoration . I have seen plans online for making a trolly/ dolly but what I am after is some good wheels to put on one . My drive is loose stone and casters won’t work . Has anyone built a trolly/ dolly and if so what wheels did you use ?
Thanks Pete

johng

CCCUK Member
I had the same problem as you, but rather than look for some special wheels, I made a track for the casters to run on out of some aluminium I beams as per the photo. I've still got the beams and the casters, which you are welcome to borrow if you are close enough to come and collect them. I live in Essex.
IMGP1602.JPG

Wow thanks for the offer . I don’t think that would work for me I will need big wheels and the ability to steer it but thanks anyway . ( I am up near Lancaster )

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I had the same problem as you, but rather than look for some special wheels, I made a track for the casters to run on out of some aluminium I beams as per the photo. I've still got the beams and the casters, which you are welcome to borrow if you are close enough to come and collect them. I live in Essex.
View attachment 16966

How about leaving those casters on and adding with 8 or 10 inch hard rubber wheels ?
Costs only $8 US per wheel and make some shafts that can pivot for tuning these wheels mount to

dwheels.jpg

Corvette

Well-known user
I’ve used this with a wooden frame ontop for at least 6 frame off rebuilds. I too am9ADACB7F-EB9E-4A55-B394-03AF021FFDF4.jpeg blighted with a gravel drive but the large pump up tyres roll smoothly.