Damaged dash advice?

louis_white

Well-known user
My dash is in a bad way. Sourcing a replacement may prove difficult due to size and shipping.

I’ve seen you can purchase leather glue down covers on eBay, has anyone experienced these before?
or any other tips on what options I’d have with sorting the dash out?

Thanks.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Where's the damage/problem, on the face of the dash/centre console etc? Haven't seen leather C4 dash covers on Ebay, but you can get cover up "dash kits" in various materials including carbon fibre "look and "real" carbon fibre.
Could also consider consider covering damaged/scratched panels with something like a 3M film. Neither maybe for you if you are trying to restore the car to as original as possible?

louis_white

Well-known user
Where's the damage/problem, on the face of the dash/centre console etc? Haven't seen leather C4 dash covers on Ebay, but you can get cover up "dash kits" in various materials including carbon fibre "look and "real" carbon fibre.
Could also consider consider covering damaged/scratched panels with something like a 3M film. Neither maybe for you if you are trying to restore the car to as original as possible?

I did wonder if wrapping it would work, good idea!
I’ve attached an image. I was wondering if I could fill cracks and repair original dash. image.jpg

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
Apparently you can get a mobile company out to sort them I think it’s smarts ? Dealer friend of mine used them
I have seen the leather covers I was thinking of one on mine as it’s a 10 min job to get the dash out my 85

louis_white

Well-known user
Apparently you can get a mobile company out to sort them I think it’s smarts ? Dealer friend of mine used them
I have seen the leather covers I was thinking of one on mine as it’s a 10 min job to get the dash out my 85
I’ll have a google of that smarts place now, thanks 😁

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Still have this if you fancy it Steve? Never fitted to car?
CCCUK - View topic - For Sale '84/'85 (and maybe later?) C4 Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Last edited:

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
The leather I was looking at was for the top of the dash pad
The black plastics in mine are more sun damaged than I thought though and won’t clean up how much do you want for them ?

Redlevel

Well-known user
Anything you glue down onto the dash top, make sure that the glue you use is of high temperature spec or it'll come adrift on a hot day!
Juan Hu Nose.. 🙄