Dealers & Repair shops pulling a sneaky one for C8s

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
We have reported multi times of C8 owners going to a shop or dealer for service or repairs and when getting their C8s
back they check the stored PDR recordings to see techs abusing the car with high speeds, loads and illegal driving practices

These owners had configured the PDR video recorder to start auto records when engine is started

Now that has wacked some dealers, so it looks like they are getting smarter that C8 owners who also had auto records
are now picking up their C8s, to review any recordings to find someone has reset the PDR recorder and no recordings found

SO RDR is set NOT to auto records so C8 owners are not seeing what techs are doing in test drives :mad:

Best to assure before going into a dealer is to check the PDR is set to auto record, tell dealer they better not
find it had been reset when you pick C8 up from them and when dropping C8 at repair shop write down what the mileage is

Custom exotics

Well-known user
Dash cams that auto record (esp if activated by movement)whilst in workshop are a real pain not that we ever take customers car out for random rd test but they can auto record private convos discussions with other customers and other peoples cars etc we have several customers that don't like us to photo or post any images of there cars so as a general rule we tape screen to block cams unplug wipe memory if they have been in our workshop we ask most customers to diconect them if fitted by all means write milage down as a safety event but people should always inform a garage that they have a camera to record I think if ball was on other foot and car owner was in my place and my shop cam picked him up on phone to bank passing over all his security details and he didn't know he was being filmed he might be a tad annoyed !!

Last edited: