Do You want to drive my car

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Hi guys, there is anyone with mechanic skills, around Surrey that want to drive my car to understand what is going on with her? Ian Goss the mechanic is busy till Xmas. I guess the problem is something related with the drive shaft or the gearbox. But I'm not an expert, so I can't tell for sure. Apparently we don't have the usual Surrey meet up this month in the calendar, that's why I'm making the call :)

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
Best person to speak to is Richard Backhouse of Surrey Lodge Motor Co. (see advert in Vette News). He is a regular attendee at the Surrey meets. The next Surrey meeting is tomorrow (25th October). A email went out last Saturday about the meeting.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Hi Rich, thanks God Like the A-Team you save the day :) cause the Corvette you should create a C-Team here :D:D:D:D:D One week ago the meeting wasn't in the calendar... so I was thought you're all busy with some event. Thanks for the help!!! Annoyed, I gave back the car to the mechanic ask him to fix properly the stuff I paid for. So, sadly I'm going to miss this surrey meet today, or steal my wife car to be there. I gave all the precious hints you guys gave too me to the mechanic. I arrived to the mechanic with a stretched engine belts and they were brand new, one week old weird ( cheap belt ?)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Rich, thanks God Like the A-Team you save the day :) cause the Corvette you should create a C-Team here :D:D:D:D:D One week ago the meeting wasn't in the calendar... so I was thought you're all busy with some event. Thanks for the help!!! Annoyed, I gave back the car to the mechanic ask him to fix properly the stuff I paid for. So, sadly I'm going to miss this surrey meet today, or steal my wife car to be there. I gave all the precious hints you guys gave too me to the mechanic. I arrived to the mechanic with a stretched engine belts and they were brand new, one week old weird ( cheap belt ?)
Too much tension on belts when fitted maybe ? :unsure:

rubyragtop

Committee Member
Hi Giu. I have just had a look on MOJO and you are shown as a Surrey member but you are only down to receive emails from the Kent region. Is this a mistake or oversight?
Surrey meets are still going ahead every month as usual with the exception of December when we will be having our Christmas meal on the 13th December.
If you want to give me a call, I can discuss your options for receiving emails from me (Surrey Rep) in the future, my contact details are in the back of the club magazine.