Door Card plastic push pins

silver50

Busy user
Not too sure how available the door card pins are but on removing both of my door cards recently a lot of the original pins did not want to release and a few (female side) pulled right out of the door itself. Also (hard to explain because no sign of broken off part) some of my pins were half the length they should be.
They’re unusual pins but on checking eBay I noticed S Type Jaguar ones were similar so ordered some to see how they’d be.
They actually make very good repair/replacements. The female side requires the hole in the door to be enlarged slightly but this is perfect if like me the old one pulled out of the door. Despite my picture making the Jag ones look much bigger the hole in the door only needed englarged a little.

Due to the jaguar ones being designed for a thinner (metal) door, the only thing I had to do was tease the thin outer collar back to allow a bit more width to secure in the C5’s thicker composite door. In my picture of one fitted the outer collar looks like it does because I used a lighter to heat and tease back the plastic but it was easy enough. If you look at the far RH side female (in pic) you’ll see the plastic is contact lens shaped, it’s this to tease away, allowing room for the thickness of the door.

Just posting this in the hope it helps others and because of how locked in place some of my clips were.

Attachments

• A0F10B06-850A-4247-BFAE-8D92AFBBFDE1.jpeg
    A0F10B06-850A-4247-BFAE-8D92AFBBFDE1.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 5
  • D684ED6E-7DCD-4CB6-95B4-AF3A70146A8B.jpeg
    D684ED6E-7DCD-4CB6-95B4-AF3A70146A8B.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: