If any one has these door cards for sale please let me know

Many thanks Steve

Attachments

• 20210927_162924.jpg
    20210927_162924.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I'm viewing a project 71 soon. Seems to be cosmetics only but I'll be checking everywhere. I'll probably be repainting it blue so I was thinking black or blue interior.
Black is great and safe with any body colour but I do love the red on red on a C3 , absolutely dazzles you when the sun comes out! and the blue interior on a white C2. not to mention the mid tan on that bright metallic Elkhart green on a 72 LT1! What are other folks personal favorites ?
hope you get the 71 James🤞😁👍
I'm viewing a project 71 soon. Seems to be cosmetics only but I'll be checking everywhere. I'll probably be repainting it blue so I was thinking black

James Vette

CCCUK Member
99726287-D7E4-4E57-8968-06C7107ECA36.jpegEB45AE7A-B7A4-46B9-AFB3-E4826DF10037.jpeg
@Mad4slalom Wow good choice! That's what's so great about classics they work in nearly every colour like I don't normally like yellow but a daytona yellow chrome C2/C3 look stunning in the sun. Yeah hopefully it's ok because I'm getting fed up of looking to be honest.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Is that the project your going to view James? If it is, I would keep it Green. A respray will cost £££ maybe even more ££ for a pucker job.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
View attachment 13924View attachment 13925
@Mad4slalom Wow good choice! That's what's so great about classics they work in nearly every colour like I don't normally like yellow but a daytona yellow chrome C2/C3 look stunning in the sun. Yeah hopefully it's ok because I'm getting fed up of looking to be honest.
I looked for years James and gave up looking a few times, then went BMW M coupes and roadster for14 years ,built a beach buggy, had a harley but the lust for a chrome bumper vette never went away, best thing I ever did was finally getting my dream car. Keep on keeping on 👍😁

Letank

CCCUK Member
I assume it’s this one then…
Corvette Stingray C3 - 1971 | eBay
By the time you’ve resprayed it and changed the interior colour you will likely have £27k-£30k in it and that’s before you find anything else that needs doing. Plus, it will no longer be numbers matching, which will have some impact on value/desirability if you ever decide to sell it.
I can’t help but think you’d be a lot better off getting exactly what you want imported from the US or getting someone like Gavin/EMC to source you one and restore it for you.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I assume it’s this one then…
Corvette Stingray C3 - 1971 | eBay
By the time you’ve resprayed it and changed the interior colour you will likely have £27k-£30k in it and that’s before you find anything else that needs doing. Plus, it will no longer be numbers matching, which will have some impact on value/desirability if you ever decide to sell it.
I can’t help but think you’d be a lot better off getting exactly what you want imported from the US or getting someone like Gavin/EMC to source you one and restore it for you.
Thanks for the heads up. I think it's worth having a look and for the right price I'd happily do it up but yeah the only matching numbers would be the engine.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, it’s good to go and have a look at the car to see one first hand, BUT it’s no good buying a red car if you really want a blue one. A respray and interior will be a lot of money. Suggest you look stateside, for a blue one and import one yourself.

Last edited:

Emc

Supporting vendor
James, it’s good to go and have a look at the car to see one first hand, BUT it’s no good buying a red car if you really want a blue one. A respray will to a lot of money. Suggest you look stateside, for a blue one and import one yourself.
I had a blue 69 ,offered it to him but nothing back

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Colour is a very personal choice, and will play a big part in choosing a car. Exterior colour I think a lot more so than the interior Colour. The first owner always gets it right, as he chooses the colours he/she wants. American cars have always given the public a Hugh selection of choices both inside and outside.
No good in choosing a exterior colour if your not going to like it. Then the interior, can you learn to live with it? If no, keep looking.
When I bought my personal 65 I didn’t have a colour preference, as I liked all the factory colours both interior and exterior. I liked the Nassau Blue as it is nice and bright ( was the most popular colour for 1965 and thought of as quite adventurous/outrageous at the time) the interior in bright blue is again very bright and I loved it. Have thought about changing it to white a few times.

I suppose if you buy a car needing paint/interior and get it priced accordingly you have a blank canvas so to speak to get it how you want it. Corvette interiors are some of the most expensive on the market for what you get for your money so that needs to be thought off.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Black is great and safe with any body colour but I do love the red on red on a C3 , absolutely dazzles you when the sun comes out! and the blue interior on a white C2. not to mention the mid tan on that bright metallic Elkhart green on a 72 LT1! What are other folks personal favorites ?
hope you get the 71 James🤞😁👍
ive got medium saddle interior and red body. i love the colour combo. Classy!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s always been a big difference between American and European cars, the colour choices in years gone by. Not so much nowadays. Red with saddle has always been popular on C3 corvettes.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It cracks me up how venders describe their cars as "genuine and original " then go on to list a load of non standard upgrades and modifications . That makes it about as original as Triggers broom !! James , as EMC said , its totally pointless buying a car in a colour you don`t like unless you have more money than good sense . Don`t even think about a cheep respray or a DIY job as it will look a bigger `dogs dinner ` than it does now .