Efi options on 80 c3

Roscobbc

Hi guys,

Is there any real benefits from swapping out tri power carb set up to efi.
Cheers..
Quite possibly - tri power set-ups can be tricky to set-up for best economy and performance - ask yourself why most OEM car manufacturers stopped using them (a properly set-up 4 barrel and quality inlet manifold will outperform the tri-power. Injection, yes - simple throttle body injection like FI Tech or 8 injector system like Edelbrocks newish Proflo 4? - certainly better cold running start-ups and perhaps improved economy if the engine is at a tune to support it all.......

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've been thinking of EFI'ing my small block at some point in a year or two. The Edelbrock Proflow 4 looks good, but obviously more complex and costly than a Fi-Tech throttle body type device.

Roscobbc

I've been thinking of EFI'ing my small block at some point in a year or two. The Edelbrock Proflow 4 looks good, but obviously more complex and costly than a Fi-Tech throttle body type device.
If you look at the price Capt (and what it includes its seems a reasonable deal) at about £2.2K - here it will include inlet manifold, all pre-fitted injectors and hard lines + wiring harnesses. Also available as an extra is a tablet to read all fuctions and set it up, although you can do this with you own tablet or bluetooth enabled smartphone. You will need to figure best way for a high pressure fuel pump (new tank with in-built pump) or Edelbrocks own 'sump' unit.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
If you look at the price Capt (and what it includes its seems a reasonable deal) at about £2.2K - here it will include inlet manifold, all pre-fitted injectors and hard lines + wiring harnesses. Also available as an extra is a tablet to read all fuctions and set it up, although you can do this with you own tablet or bluetooth enabled smartphone. You will need to figure best way for a high pressure fuel pump (new tank with in-built pump) or Edelbrocks own 'sump' unit.
Yeah I've looked into it all and seen a few install videos on Youtube. At the moment my mind is set on using Edelbrock's sump unit so I wouldn't have to play around with fuel lines too much, or mess around with the fuel tank. Its ideally what I want, but cost and complexity is the issue. For my personal skills, I could install the "Fi-Tech" style injection kit myself I think, but the Edelbrock 8 injector kit involves more, including the new distributor and I have no idea what I'm doing with them. :ROFLMAO:

Roscobbc

Yeah I've looked into it all and seen a few install videos on Youtube. At the moment my mind is set on using Edelbrock's sump unit so I wouldn't have to play around with fuel lines too much, or mess around with the fuel tank. Its ideally what I want, but cost and complexity is the issue. For my personal skills, I could install the "Fi-Tech" style injection kit myself I think, but the Edelbrock 8 injector kit involves more, including the new distributor and I have no idea what I'm doing with them. :ROFLMAO:
Perhaps download their instruction manual and 'walk' yourself through a typical installation a couple of times................

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Perhaps download their instruction manual and 'walk' yourself through a typical installation a couple of times................
Yeah I have done that for the Edelbrock kit and watched many videos of people installing the kit (and the sump kit) too. Distributors still confuse me though. Still, one day I'll give it a go and it'll hopefully make more sense with all the bits and bobs in front of me. Still, year or so I guess based upon expenses and other commitments - was hoping to be earlier this year, but hey, isn't it amusing how other things suddenly require your money? Worst that can happen is the bugger won't start and I'll have to call someone out.

Last edited: