Ethanol Protection

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Is anyone using Frost`s Etho Mix ? I am currently using Millers ESP but looking at advertising bumf it looks like Frost `s Etho Mix is better value as 250mil bottle treats 250 Litres of petrol as opposed to 40 Litres with Millers . If it`s any good it will be a big saving as those of us with older cars will be going through a lot of this stuff :(

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I use Millers, mainly because it was tested and "approved" by the FBHVC. I haven't looked at others, but I agree that they are a bit pricey!

However, I have not been using as much Millers as I was because I've found that the old 'Vette seems to like running on 98,:love:as opposed to the 95 its had all its life with me (31 years!). Over here, 98 has a very low ethanol content, but the additional cost is not as much as adding Millers. I may pop the occasional bottle of Millers in now and then though...... :unsure:

Anyone who doubts the need for an ethanol protection can read all about it on the FBHVC website by the way; Fuels

I won't get into how environmentally unsound ethanol is.....!:mad:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The Frost product is FBHVC approved which is why the advert in Octane Magazine caught my attention .

kentvette

CCCUK Member
The Frost product is FBHVC approved which is why the advert in Octane Magazine caught my attention .
Ah, interesting - I don't see Octane Mag, so didn't know that!

What brand "98" are you using kentvette.?
Brand? Usually Super U, or Intermarche - both supermarkets. Never put anything other than "supermarket type" fuel in any car in 50+ years of motoring! :cool: