Exhaust upgrade finished - couple of clips of the new Borlas on my C5 Z06

DeaNZ

CCCUK Member
One positive of the Covid-19 situation - as I am at home, all the time, I was finally able to order and have delivered a set of Borla Stinger axle back exhausts. Was the missing piece to the exhaust upgrade on my 2003 C5 Z06, which started with a cam (Comp Cams), then added longtubes and x-pipe with high flow cats (American Racing Headers 1 7/8"). Now with the lock-down easing at bit, I booked in with TopCats Racing on Friday, had a lovely little drive from Essex to Buckinghamshire to "take some exercise", and had them swap out the stock mufflers for the Borlas, while I did said "exercise". The Z positively barks now when I stamp on the gas. Exactly the sound I was hoping for. Anyway, here's a short vid of the first startup and a few small revs at the workshop just after the install.

And some in cabin clips

Last edited:

Roscobbc

One positive of the Covid-19 situation - as I am at home, all the time, I was finally able to order and have delivered a set of Borla Stinger axle back exhausts. Was the missing piece to the exhaust upgrade on my 2003 C5 Z06, which started with a cam (Comp Cams), then added longtubes and x-pipe with high flow cats (American Racing Headers 1 7/8"). Now with the lock-down easing at bit, I booked in with TopCats Racing on Friday, had a lovely little drive from Essex to Buckinghamshire to "take some exercise", and had them swap out the stock mufflers for the Borlas, while I did said "exercise". The Z positively barks now when I stamp on the gas. Exactly the sound I was hoping for. Anyway, here's a short vid of the first startup and a few small revs at the workshop just after the install.

Sounds a bit more 'interesting' Dean!

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Dean
Sounds great
What is the Timer Counter and what do you keep checking on the passenger seat?

Mr Nosey

Ps you got the camera in the right place - not just at the windscreen.

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
Good work! (I have Magnaflows on my C6 - sounds terrific in comparison the the factory stock equpt.)
J.C. (1911)

DeaNZ

CCCUK Member
Hi Dean
Sounds great
What is the Timer Counter and what do you keep checking on the passenger seat?

Mr Nosey

Ps you got the camera in the right place - not just at the windscreen.
The gauge is a wideband controller. Had a laptop on the passenger seat connected to it as I was data logging in HPTuners. I'm continuing to work on the tune; its taking a while.

72stingraypaul

Well-known user

And some in cabin clips

that sounds great
what a difference a exhaust can make