Finally picked up my baby today!

John and Angie

Regular user
Hi All,
12 years ago I owned a C5, and it was the best time I have ever had with a car. Each day I would walk past it on the driveway and smile, no matter the weather, my mood, or any other issues that I may have been experiencing. To own anything that makes you smile is really something that you should cherish. Sadly, my joy-inducing C5's transmission went to Corvette heaven. I was broke and couldn't afford to get it fixed, so I sold it for a ridiculously low price. An action that I have regretted ever since. I always told myself that when I was able to I would buy another Corvette and try and recapture that feeling of amazing happiness and pleasure that I had before. Well, today that promise was realised! After many weeks of video walkarounds, questions and pictures I made the trip to see her and fell in love immediately. I paid the money and she now sits on my driveway. I still haven't stopped smiling and don't think I ever will!

Now its all mine I guess its time to join the CCCUK and will do so after the weekend as I am a little preoccupied. It really is so good to be back owning and driving this amazing car, and having a C6 is even better.

Thanks all, hopefully,078e782b84674da891e1a264156e6967.jpg3fe3427162c5439b836cf481c6b5479d.jpg see you all soon.

PS - Does anyone know who owns a Black C6 in Sittingbourne Kent area? I have seen it a few times on Sonora fields and just wondered if they were a member.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Nice looking C6, Congrats !

Why did the past owner stop the stripe on hood and then put a small section on lower fascia ?
Is that how they do front license plates ?

What year and which tranny does it have ?

67.jpg

John and Angie

Regular user
:) :) It is a 2006 6 Speed transmission. I don't know why the stripe stopped but he changed the front badge for the Centenary white and black badge and I think the stripe on this section was removed to fit the new badge but not sure.