Finally took delivery of my 4spd 78 C3! 3 months from Colorado to staffordshire.

Mskitt

Regular user
IMG-20230805-WA0028.jpg

Battery was DOA, but a jumper got it going after 3 tries and now it's turnkey start.
Headlights are smooth as butter, and paintwork Is decent. Sounds amazing and the street has been out to see it.

Issues off the bat; wipers don't work, possible fuse issue?
Headlights dont work unless main beam is engaged, and the main beam switch just broke in my hand so no lights right now until I disassemble the steering column... advice here would be great.

Roscobbc

Look under dash at headlamp override pull switch - earlier cars also have wiper override pull switch (not sure about later C3's)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
What's the deal with those side pipe wrapping ?

Doubt they look very good with the heat wrapping taken off
Could show rusting ?

C3Sidepipes.jpg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Congratulations on getting your Corvette. She looks mean!
I can understand how most your neighbours have all taken interest especially with those loud-looking side-pipes!!
You’ll probably discover several things need sorting out on the car - that’s quite normal and you can gradually work through it all. (A battery or alternator problem might go on the list too?)
The wipers not working could be the switch, ditto the headlights, but check the bulbs are okay would be a start point.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Mskitt

Regular user
Congratulations on getting your Corvette. She looks mean!
I can understand how most your neighbours have all taken interest especially with those loud-looking side-pipes!!
You’ll probably discover several things need sorting out on the car - that’s quite normal and you can gradually work through it all. (A battery or alternator problem might go on the list too?)
The wipers not working could be the switch, ditto the headlights, but check the bulbs are okay would be a start point.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks! Yeah theres a few things but luckily nothing mechanical so far, just interior and electrical.
Battery is dead so new one on order, previous owners installed a new alternator and distributor a few years ago, so all good there.
Once I get a decent day of weather I'll go through all of the fuses and switches to check what's wrong. Bit overwhelming as the most mechanical thing iv ever worked on is a lawnmower, but I'll give anything a go.