Floppy dip stick tube,

antijam

CCCUK Member
The tubes are pressed into a hole in the block and the one on my '71 is a pretty loose fit too. This is fortunate in my case since the tube need to be removed to access the rear spark plugs and leads as I have headers fitted. A smear of RTV on the shank before refitting holds it in place until I need to remove it again

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The tubes are pressed into a hole in the block and the one on my '71 is a pretty loose fit too. This is fortunate in my case since the tube need to be removed to access the rear spark plugs and leads as I have headers fitted. A smear of RTV on the shank before refitting holds it in place until I need to remove it again
nice and simple, I will give that a go . 👍

antijam

CCCUK Member
If you're looking for a permanent fix, squeeze the end of the tube that fits in the block very slightly with a pair of pliers or in a vice to distort it enough to create a force fit in the hole. Additionally you could coat the end with Loctite 638 before pushing it in. It's unlikely to flop after that!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
If you're looking for a permanent fix, squeeze the end of the tube that fits in the block very slightly with a pair of pliers or in a vice to distort it enough to create a force fit in the hole. Additionally you could coat the end with Loctite 638 before pushing it in. It's unlikely to flop after that!
I like that one even better 👍