Front bumper query

antijam

CCCUK Member
In the South West I can certainly recommend S&T Electroplate in Yate, north of Bristol. They've done several batches of rechroming for me and the quality is excellent. I can't give you a price for just a bumper but give them a ring. (It won't be cheap but it will be good). They're particularly helpful if your parts need some repair before plating.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
In the South West I can certainly recommend S&T Electroplate in Yate, north of Bristol. They've done several batches of rechroming for me and the quality is excellent. I can't give you a price for just a bumper but give them a ring. (It won't be cheap but it will be good). They're particularly helpful if your parts need some repair before plating.
Thanks antijam, easy one for me to drop and collect from. A new one is I think about £750 so would expect to get one rechromed for half of that, but I havent had any chroming done for forty years 😩😂

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Thanks antijam, easy one for me to drop and collect from. A new one is I think about £750 so would expect to get one rechromed for half of that, but I havent had any chroming done for forty years 😩😂
You can get new C3 chrome bumpers for £750 all in? I'm interested. I'm going to be re-chroming my bumpers soon and got a quote for a place near Bridgewater I think. It was about £1k for the front bumper, and about £400 per side for the two rear separate bumpers. There is also a re-chroming place in Plymouth I emailed for a quote a year or so back, and their prices were about the same. I'm based in Taunton, and Bridgewater is closer for me.

Corvette

Well-known user
£420 delivered with tax.

Front-Bumper-Face-Bar-Chrome-fits-68-72-Corvette-4052-000-68A

Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
Front Bumper Face Bar Chrome fits 68-72 Corvette 4052-000-68A

Seller :
musclepartsnow (14270 )
99.5% Positive feedback

Save this Seller

|
Contact seller
|
See other items
| Visit store

Condition:
New other (see details)

“Brand new replacement parts”

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
2 available

List price:
Was:$533.26
What does this price mean?

You save:
$193.27 (36% off)

Now:
US $339.99
$30 for 12 months with PayPal Credit*$30 for 12 months. Minimum purchase required.
Buy It Now

Add to cart

Add to Watchlist

30-day returns
Longtime member
Fast and safe shipping

Shipping:
$73.63 International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom via the Global Shipping Program | See details

Item location:
Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details

Delivery:
Estimated between Sat. Nov. 21 and Tue. Dec. 1

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
You can get new C3 chrome bumpers for £750 all in? I'm interested. I'm going to be re-chroming my bumpers soon and got a quote for a place near Bridgewater I think. It was about £1k for the front bumper, and about £400 per side for the two rear separate bumpers. There is also a re-chroming place in Plymouth I emailed for a quote a year or so back, and their prices were about the same. I'm based in Taunton, and Bridgewater is closer for me.
Maybe I imagined seeing the price of 750 for a new bumper, I will look again. Did you say a £1000 to chrome a vette bumper?? 😱 its not even a big item , glad I didnt buy that 59 coupe de ville 😂

Roscobbc

The company I work for uses Essex Finishing at Hallsford Bridge in Ongar. Premium quality metal finishers based in Essex - Essex Finishers Ltd. - Home - have spoken about bumpers on my C3 and I would have thought the cost would be less that that quoted above. I haven't seen any of their work on car bumpers but know that the standard of chroming on our decorative switches and sockets is very good. Having said all that the chroming is only as good as the surface its applied to. In our case its a good grade of brass. They send older and damaged bumpers our to an external outfit to repair and polish prior to plating - no doubt it's this part of the process that is more important than the actual plating.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
£420 delivered with tax.

Front-Bumper-Face-Bar-Chrome-fits-68-72-Corvette-4052-000-68A

Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
Front Bumper Face Bar Chrome fits 68-72 Corvette 4052-000-68A

Seller :
musclepartsnow (14270 )
99.5% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
|
Contact seller
|
See other items
| Visit store

Condition:
New other (see details)

“Brand new replacement parts”

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
2 available

List price:
Was:$533.26
What does this price mean?

You save:
$193.27 (36% off)

Now:
US $339.99
$30 for 12 months with PayPal Credit*$30 for 12 months. Minimum purchase required.
Buy It Now

Add to cart

Add to Watchlist

30-day returns
Longtime member
Fast and safe shipping

Shipping:
$73.63 International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom via the Global Shipping Program | See details

Item location:
Kansas City, Missouri, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries | See details

Delivery:
Estimated between Sat. Nov. 21 and Tue. Dec. 1
That seems a great price , i wonder if the fit and finsh will be up to oe standards, anyone seen or bought one ?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Maybe I imagined seeing the price of 750 for a new bumper, I will look again. Did you say a £1000 to chrome a vette bumper?? 😱 its not even a big item , glad I didnt buy that 59 coupe de ville 😂
Indeed, I was quite shocked as its not that big, but after getting quotes from different places it did seem to be the norm. As highlighted above, you can get newer ones cheaper, but you don't know if a pattern part will be any good or if it will survive nicely when shipped over here.

To be fair to my Vette, the front bumper ain't so bad - its the rears that are letting the car down. So I might get them done first so I can see exactly what it costs and the finish etc.