Front number plates

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Anyone here run without a front number plate? Just removed my front number plate mount to straighten it and realised it completely hides the middle egg crate grill and lower intake. Aside from asthetics are there any cooling advantages , I suppose you have to balance this with the chance of a ticket, may make it removable for shows. Any thoughts?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Wait, you don't have a ticket fund? But seriously you can buy an automated front license hider on Amazon. It's just not worth the risk of a cop noticing while driving but it would be ideal for shows and being parked.

Roscobbc

No need to put yourself at risk running sans front numberplate. I used street legal rectangular plates with the permissable font size and simply made new brackets to drop it much lower - that increases air flow in to the front end and not surprisingly helps to keep things a little cooler on hot days. On the engine side make sure all rubber and foam seals are in place and fan shroud too.

Attachments

• 20201112_162402.jpg
    20201112_162402.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201112_162622.jpg
    20201112_162622.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201112_162527.jpg
    20201112_162527.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 15

Oneball

CCCUK Member
No need to put yourself at risk running sans front numberplate. I used street legal rectangular plates with the permissable font size and simply made new brackets to drop it much lower - that increases air flow in to the front end and not surprisingly helps to keep things a little cooler on hot days. On the engine side make sure all rubber and foam seals are in place and fan shroud too.

Thread drift again, attention span of a goldfish.
What radiator are you running Rosco?

sublimemike

Well-known user
Mine didn't have a front plate either. Ordered the factory mount one and cut it down . Mine now measures 5" x 6.5" , letters are about 1 and 3/4' murder cycle style. I have a chin spoiler to aid airflow to the lower ducts and the rad. I'm also running at electric fan which I can override the thermostat switch from the dash.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Mine didn't have a front plate either. Ordered the factory mount one and cut it down . Mine now measures 5" x 6.5" , letters are about 1 and 3/4' murder cycle style. I have a chin spoiler to aid airflow to the lower ducts and the rad. I'm also running at electric fan which I can override the thermostat switch from the dash.
Lots of options then , thanks all 👍