Glimpse of a pair of C2 Corvettes on Grand Designs

Jan25

CCCUK Member
Hi all,

The other day I caught a re-run of last year's Episode 2 of Channel 4's Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud (the episode is named "Sevenoaks"). Just to jog your memory if you like Grand Designs, it is about a nice young couple who, while battling illness, convert a barn on the wife's parents land in Kent, on a limited budget. The result is stunning, especially for a self build, but the part that caught my attention more than usual was a pair of C2 Corvettes in the background, while the couple chat with Kevin in the barn before the project starts.

There is a black Coupe with red interior, and a black-on-black convertible. I would guess they are both '64s from what could be seen. I found a screenshot of the barn on a MailOnline article (Grand Designs: Builder whose wife has cancer spends £275,000 shed), here is the picture with the two Corvettes on the right:
37973146-9142187-image-a-25_1610574030220.jpg
I was just wondering if the owner is on the forum...
If so, congratulation on your pair of C2s and on the accomplishments of your family, as displayed on Grand Designs!

Last edited:

Jan25

CCCUK Member
Thanks for your repllies.

Tom is featured on the programme with his wife for about 30 seconds, and while I have seen a few pictures of him over the years, I would never have made the connection.
I read Tom's book "The Essential Buyer's Guide - Corvette C2 Sting Ray" cover-to-cover before starting the search for my own car, and kept referring to it throughout the process...

Hopefully his daughter and son-in-law's health issues are behind them and they can enjoy life in their beautiful new home!