Harsh Vibration

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Sometimes an aftermarket exhaust system can 'rest' against a body or chassis component creating vibration that may only be felt at certain rpm.
This exactly what happen with my C3, they need to put wider rubber to firm the exhaust pipes, propagating extra vibrations on the chassis. I suppose with old cars one of the first thing to check when you buy them, bushing, rubbers and rust :) But the vibration of the V8 take over the car is the good part of the experience in my eyes.

Roscobbc

Sometimes an aftermarket exhaust system can 'rest' against a body or chassis component creating vibration that may only be felt at certain rpm.
Previous system installed (headers and 2 1/2" pipes must have been installed under some form of linear compression. Remember after going for a ride stopping at a buddies place and chatting outside in the street close to the Vette. Like many cars it would lightly 'click' from various parts of the engine etc. as it all cools down. This one time there was huge bang like someone hitting the exhaust with a spanner......never did it again....bizarre!

Oldmacdonald

Regular user
Thanks everyone for your input, I think the C3 "qualities" are going to be all part of the experience.
I have driven another C3 and it seemed very similar, also a C5 and i am still trying to make my mind up.
I might just have to buy a C5 and graft a cC3 shell onto it, - no I have not checked the wheelbase!

As another thought, I see a couple of mentiones of 'flat' tyres, this bring backs memories of a tractor I used to have which ran on terra tyres at around 5psi, the type they fit to monster trucks. Especially in cold weather, first thing in the morning first set off was like a roller coaster, then after a few corners it was really rock and roll!
It could take 30 mins to get the tyres warmed up and comfort returned.

I'll keep scratching my head???