Headlights only light up when mainbeam is engaged.

Mskitt

Regular user
So all 4 bulbs light on high beam but nothing on normal/ low beam. This is an issue that appeared when the car was in transit from the US as they were working previously. Would really appreciate some advice on where to start looking? Grounds, headlight switch behind the dash, or could this be connectors at the lights themselves?

I now have no lights at all, since the high beam stalk went limp yesterday and no longer functions. So could do with getting some light back asap.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Could be the connections to the lights themselves being a bit corroded. Maybe the sea air / being outside a lot corroded the connections a bit ? Have a poke around with a voltmeter on the connections and see what happens. Possibly the same on the relays. I can't remember where they are in the car.

Mskitt

Regular user
Could this disconnected wire have anything to do with the lights? It seems to be coming from the switch but I can't see anywhere obvious that it's been disconnected from?

it also seems that the wiper fuze has been replaced by some relay/ bypass which isn't working.... so that explains the wiper issues

Attachments

• 20230807_125726.jpg
    20230807_125726.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 10