Help filling out registration application for C5

silver50

Busy user
Hi, Did I spot (in the relatively recent past) information on the CCCUK website to help a person fill out first registration/road tax forms? I thought I saw something some months ago but can't find it now.

I have an SVA VOSA test certificate from 2005 but very little else for my C5 I inherited from my late Uncle (USA car imported to the UK in 2005, I SVA'd it in 2005, he then didn't UK register it and took it to Spain. I brought it back here in October last year and I did the NOVA declaration)

CCCUK's Ross Thornhill kindly provided me with a letter confirming age of the vehicle as August 1999. One question I have relating to this is only having a month, not a date to enter. Any advice?

IVA isn't needed is of course but the form has a host of questions one could fill out from IVA information. Do I just leave a great many sections blank?

Thanks, Scott

(maybe someone can point me to the info that will help me!)

Last edited:

C4H

CCCUK Member
Hi Scott - I went thru the same process a few months back when I registered my C4 that had been imported years ago, but never registered. The letter from Ross is the key. Make sure you send a "wet ink original" not a copy of a printed scan. I sent a colour scanned copy and it was rejected. That letter only had the month & year but that worked.
I left a lot of the form blank and just put down the basic information.
If you want I can send you a scan of the V55-5 I sent to the DVLA so you can see what I included.

Roscobbc

DVLA (usually) only reject a scanned or printed club letter if there is anything else DVLA considers irregular. If everything else about the car and its details it should go straight through with letter as provided.
Note - I am no longer chairman - another committee member else will be doing DVLA letters.

silver50

Busy user
Thanks for your replies.

@Roscobbc Not sure now if I should trouble someone else for a “wet copy”!

@C4H Does V5 say something regarding a 1st registration date? Obviously there must be an actual date of registration here too..

Yes, if not too much trouble pls send me the copy you mention. My email scott750i@gmail.com

Roscobbc

Sorry I am unable to help you on this - as I have retired as chairman under GDPR I no longer have access to any member information. As for registration date - an exact day/date has never been required by DVLA - merely proof of manufacture year and month. TBH depending on where you look for data you will sometimes get different days attributed to the day of manufacture - if you need further help perhaps email chairman@corvetteclub.org.uk
Kind regards, Ross